44Likes

post #1801 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Perhaps it's also based on when you entered the Roomie world..I was 1.0x so I am grandfathered in with all original legacy purchase packs.
I am exactly in the same situation as you so there must something else. Will see. Thanks for the help/feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdigital1 View Post
I am exactly in the same situation as you so there must something else. Will see. Thanks for the help/feedback
Force quit the app and try it again. Also what is the purpose of the SimpleControl log on? I've never logged in for anything before and everything seems to work fine without logging in...
post #1803 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 09:28 AM

Force quit the app to no avail i.e., no Simple Control folder in dropbox.
The sequence I am going through is: app > settings > click on LINK DROPBOX > get message REQUIRES SIMPLE SERVICE etc.
They'll have to restore access to dropbox back up.

post #1804 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sometimes deleting the app and re-downloading it fixes oddball app issues, but I'm not sure about getting your config back...I guess email their support, perhaps this is a known issue with a workaround.
post #1805 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 11:58 AM

Roomie response to dropbox problem in 4.0/SimpleService

The following was published by Roomie on their support forum:

We’ve tracked down one other issue in 4.0.0. Users reporting this usually refer to it as Dropbox not working. What’s going on is that Dropbox is not working for some users because in some cases the free 3 Device Pack is not properly added and the original base app purchase is therefore not reflected. This has already been fixed and the fix is waiting on Apple. The fix applies to all cases where a user does not see the “Legacy App Purchase” item in the Simple Store even though they did purchase prior to 4.0.0. Apple seems pretty busy right now, so it’s unclear how fast we can get a build through. Most likely we’ll see that go up within a week.
akumar12 likes this.
post #1806 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
The following was published by Roomie on their support forum:

We’ve tracked down one other issue in 4.0.0. Users reporting this usually refer to it as Dropbox not working. What’s going on is that Dropbox is not working for some users because in some cases the free 3 Device Pack is not properly added and the original base app purchase is therefore not reflected. This has already been fixed and the fix is waiting on Apple. The fix applies to all cases where a user does not see the “Legacy App Purchase” item in the Simple Store even though they did purchase prior to 4.0.0. Apple seems pretty busy right now, so it’s unclear how fast we can get a build through. Most likely we’ll see that go up within a week.
Cool. So hopefully we can soon backup to Dropbox without buying Simple Service.

What is the best way to synchronize multiple roomie clients now? Earlier I used Wi-Fi sync, but that feature seems to have been removed. So I guess now, we must use one device to make changes, backup to dropbox, then do a restore on the other roomie devices, right?
post #1807 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 12:47 PM

The way I read Roomie answer is that we'll have the option of a (free?) Legacy App Purchase which will then open up the SimpleService features (including but not limited to dropbox feature). Time will tell.
post #1808 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I lost the live feedback from my Oppo BDP-103D after upgrading to Simple Control. The Oppo is connected through serial (RS232). Does anybody else have the same problem?
post #1809 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGrant View Post
I lost the live feedback from my Oppo BDP-103D after upgrading to Simple Control. The Oppo is connected through serial (RS232). Does anybody else have the same problem?
I can still get live feedback from my onkyo 805 receiver connected by rs232...
post #1810 of 2107 Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 256
I am glad the dropbox backup feature not being available anymore is a mistake that they will fix. It it the first thing I noticed when I opened the updated app yesterday...(this and the new icon, of course).
post #1811 of 2107 Old 10-10-2015, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I have a quick question. Can roomie blaster wifi connect to 5GHZ network. I have an issue with this.

Cheers
post #1812 of 2107 Old 10-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by rramacha View Post
I have a quick question. Can roomie blaster wifi connect to 5GHZ network. I have an issue with this.

Cheers
It's 802.11g, so no. 2.4GHz only.
post #1813 of 2107 Old 10-10-2015, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
It's 802.11g, so no. 2.4GHz only.
Thank You.

Now I need to run cat 6 from my switch to projector, so can use wired connection. I thought of not doing this. Now no other option.

Cheers

Raj
post #1814 of 2107 Old 10-10-2015, 01:00 PM

4.0.1 released - still defective!!

Presumably this release "Fixed license calculation for prior purchases, make sure to use the Restore Purchases button"
Unfortunately, it doesn't do it, still the same subscriptions offered and still no Dropbox backup available
post #1815 of 2107 Old 10-10-2015, 02:49 PM

4.0.1 problems confirmed by Roomie

Below is the answer from Roomie Support

The 4.0.1 release was unfortunately unable to fix every case of incorrect license calculation. We have sent a 4.0.2 release to the App Store now to resolve the remaining cases. We appreciate your patience. The only current workarounds involve adding some other purchase such as a month of Simple Service 3. We are also able to give you beta access if you feel that would be necessary in the intervening days before a new fix is posted.
post #1816 of 2107 Old 10-11-2015, 02:16 AM

4.0.2 fixes dropbox backup issue...

Quote:
Below is the answer from Roomie Support

The 4.0.1 release was unfortunately unable to fix every case of incorrect license calculation. We have sent a 4.0.2 release to the App Store now to resolve the remaining cases. We appreciate your patience. The only current workarounds involve adding some other purchase such as a month of Simple Service 3. We are also able to give you beta access if you feel that would be necessary in the intervening days before a new fix is posted.
The 4.0.2 release fixed the problem for me. I can now backup using Dropbox. I must say I am quite impressed by the quick turnaround.
post #1817 of 2107 Old 10-15-2015, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone having issues with your local channel guides not populating since iOS9? Also, the Roku channel guide no longer works. Any thoughts on how to get them back. Suggestions from roomie support didn't correct the issues. Thanks.
post #1818 of 2107 Old 10-15-2015, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletlex View Post
Anyone having issues with your local channel guides not populating since iOS9? Also, the Roku channel guide no longer works. Any thoughts on how to get them back. Suggestions from roomie support didn't correct the issues. Thanks.
Try editing the guide - add or delete a channel - and save it

See if it repopulates...
post #1819 of 2107 Old 10-15-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Try editing the guide - add or delete a channel - and save it

See if it repopulates...
Did that. Deleted guide. Added it back. Took forever for the available providers in my area to show up. Setup favorite channel list. When I try to edit the guide, channels do not show up to edit. Roomie just searches and searches.
post #1820 of 2107 Old 10-15-2015, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

No clue then...maybe back up your config to Dropbox, delete the app, reinstall, restore, and see...
post #1821 of 2107 Old 10-15-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
No clue then...maybe back up your config to Dropbox, delete the app, reinstall, restore, and see...
I'll give it a try ... Thanks.
post #1822 of 2107 Old 10-15-2015, 06:35 PM

Deleting the roomie app and restoring to the simple control app, corrected the local channel guide population issue. The Roku channel guide is still not working though.
post #1823 of 2107 Old 10-20-2015, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Has Roomie included a timer/alarm clock feature yet?

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #1824 of 2107 Old 10-21-2015, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 35
My veralite crashed today, processor failure, and now i cannot control my theater lighting using roomie. I am going to replace the vera with a smartthings hub v2. I keep reading about the roomie agent in order to use roomie with smartthings. Is roomie agent needed to access smartthings hub and just turn lights on and off? or is it for more complex scenes and such?

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
post #1825 of 2107 Old 10-22-2015, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anybody setup Roomie with Directv? I have been attempting to do so for a friend and Roomie recognizes the Genie "server" as it controls that unit but I have no way to control the clients. Are the clients supposed to show up as separate devices or how do I control them separately? I'm thinking my friend may need a new router possibly as the Genie server connected for a bit then no longer was able to be controlled. I have set the Whole House settings to enable. I only see one IP address for the main Genie unit and nothing for the clients. Any advice would be appreciated.
post #1826 of 2107 Old 10-26-2015, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone using hue lights? Before the update roomie would be able to tell which lights were on or off whether I turned them off using the hue tap or the roomie app. Seems 2 way communication is no longer working?
post #1827 of 2107 Old 10-29-2015, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkigrad View Post
Has anybody setup Roomie with Directv? I have been attempting to do so for a friend and Roomie recognizes the Genie "server" as it controls that unit but I have no way to control the clients. Are the clients supposed to show up as separate devices or how do I control them separately? I'm thinking my friend may need a new router possibly as the Genie server connected for a bit then no longer was able to be controlled. I have set the Whole House settings to enable. I only see one IP address for the main Genie unit and nothing for the clients. Any advice would be appreciated.
1) Does your friend also use the DirecTV app to control his Genie? If so, did he open the app after you had it working with Roomie and then it stopped working with Roomie? Sometimes I think the Genie has issues responding to two different IP control devices/apps and you'll have to restart the app that isn't working and verify that it has established a connection.

2) Does your friend have a static IP address set up for the devices on his network or is it dynamic? If it's dynamic (which is what most people's networks use by default) then this could simply be a case of bad timing or someone resetting the router after you had it working. Unless you have a static IP set up for the devices you intend to control via. IP then you will occasionally have to go into the Edit mode for that device in the Roomie app and wait for it to auto-discover the new IP address of the device, whenever the IP address changes. This shouldn't occur more than once every few days as long as you leave your router on. Anytime your router resets there is a good chance that the IP address of your devices will change. If he doesn't intend to set up a static IP for his devices then he should probably get into the habit of entering the Edit mode for each of his IP controlled devices in the Roomie app and verify that it is connected any time a device becomes unresponsive to commands from Roomie. 9 times out of 10 that is the issue.

3) Each Genie box is its own device and will need to be setup as a separate device in Roomie.
post #1828 of 2107 Old 10-30-2015, 05:20 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbquart View Post
Anyone using hue lights? Before the update roomie would be able to tell which lights were on or off whether I turned them off using the hue tap or the roomie app. Seems 2 way communication is no longer working?
Still works fine for me, maybe you should contact Simple Control through the app.
post #1829 of 2107 Old 11-03-2015, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
HockeyoAJB, I know this is a dumb question, but do you know a good source for instructions to setup a static IP for my devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyoAJB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkigrad View Post
1) Does your friend also use the DirecTV app to control his Genie? If so, did he open the app after you had it working with Roomie and then it stopped working with Roomie? Sometimes I think the Genie has issues responding to two different IP control devices/apps and you'll have to restart the app that isn't working and verify that it has established a connection.

2) Does your friend have a static IP address set up for the devices on his network or is it dynamic? If it's dynamic (which is what most people's networks use by default) then this could simply be a case of bad timing or someone resetting the router after you had it working. Unless you have a static IP set up for the devices you intend to control via. IP then you will occasionally have to go into the Edit mode for that device in the Roomie app and wait for it to auto-discover the new IP address of the device, whenever the IP address changes. This shouldn't occur more than once every few days as long as you leave your router on. Anytime your router resets there is a good chance that the IP address of your devices will change. If he doesn't intend to set up a static IP for his devices then he should probably get into the habit of entering the Edit mode for each of his IP controlled devices in the Roomie app and verify that it is connected any time a device becomes unresponsive to commands from Roomie. 9 times out of 10 that is the issue.

3) Each Genie box is its own device and will need to be setup as a separate device in Roomie.
post #1830 of 2107 Old 11-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH55 View Post
HockeyoAJB, I know this is a dumb question, but do you know a good source for instructions to setup a static IP for my devices?
Look in the manual for your router. You want something called "DHCP Reservations" or similar. The idea is that the device uses DHCP to request an IP address as normal, but the router always provides the "reserved" IP address to that device. True static IP addresses are done differently, and not usually the way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page