Roomie Remote - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1861 of 1863 Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally Posted by mborner View Post
Simply not true.
There is no annual subscription with iRule. Basic license ($50) gets you 15 devices included with no subscription. The pro license ($100) gets you 25 devices included. If you run into issues where you need more devices than that, you can purchase extra devices. You never have to pay any kind of annual subscription. I've been using iRule for 5 years and have been very pleased with it and the support offered by the company. It's not for everyone but if you're one to customize your remote to no end then iRule might be the one for you.
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
He was referring to the Simple Control (aka Roomie Remote) pricing model.
Correct FlyingDiver, I was talking about the Simple Control model. mborner, I like that it can be customized to my liking, which is also my hang up, I'm not sure I can pull the trigger on a final design(which will drive my wife crazy).
Sponsored Links
post #1862 of 1863 Old Today, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Originally Posted by mrgfy6 View Post
mborner, I like that it can be customized to my liking, which is also my hang up, I'm not sure I can pull the trigger on a final design(which will drive my wife crazy).
This is definitely true. I've been at it for a couple weeks now with iRule and have tweaked my layout to how I like it and already thinking of changing themes! Thanks to mborner for sharing his blue and cool blue themes, I may have the ammunition to do so
post #1863 of 1863 Old Today, 12:31 PM
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The two products are not serving the same market anymore. They were more comparable many years ago, but iRule went one way and Roomie went the other. iRule is for when you need 100% control over a dedicated tablet where you want every single button in a specific position, like a board room. Think of it like a web page where you start blank. Better to think of iRule as not really an app, more like a website. They are never updated for new OS features like iPad Pro, it's the kind of app that is updated a year or more late for basic OS changes – because end users just are not their market. Roomie is the opposite, very focused on the end user, very DIY friendly, updated for things like Apple Watch and iPad Multitasking the moment they're available, network control of countless things iRule doesn't even support, and normal configurations are very quick to setup. The two apps just are not really comparable, they each have their own markets and you can see from the features they've each added over the years how they're just unrelated now.
Reply Remote Control Area

Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V2065 by