Roomie Remote - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #1891 of 1920 Old 12-12-2015, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadA View Post
I don't have an Oppo but I had a similar problem with my Sony BDP. I was using the PowerOn command but I should have been using the "Wake On Lan" command in my power-on macro. When I switched to "Wake On LAN", it worked like a champ. Maybe something to try?

IIRC, I had to set Roomie Remote (Simple Control) to power up my Oppo 93 using IR and then everything else could be done via IP - because the Oppo 93 can't power up via IP.

Links: System Diagram / System Pix
Klipsch: (2) RF-83, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54, (2) RSX-5, SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
Yamaha: Aventage RX-A2010, CDC-685, Samsung: UN55B8000, Oppo: BDP-93
Apple: AppleTV, Roku: Roku3, Amazon: FireTV Stick, Roomie: Roomie Remote
ACP: J15BLK 1.5 kVA Power Conditioner/UPS, CinemaQuest: Ideal-Lume Std
See links for system details.

Last edited by lflorack; 12-12-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1920 Old 12-12-2015, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I don't have an Oppo but I had a similar problem with my Sony BDP. I was using the PowerOn command but I should have been using the "Wake On Lan" command in my power-on macro. When I switched to "Wake On LAN", it worked like a champ. Maybe something to try?
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it but that didn't work. This is getting pretty frustrating.
post #1893 of 1920 Old 12-12-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1179 Post(s)
Liked: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmock17 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it but that didn't work. This is getting pretty frustrating.
If you're looking to turn the new Oppo on via IP, ain't gonna happen. For some odd reason, their IP control protocol, or the HW design itself, doesn't feature power on via ip.

Has to be IR, or serial control.
lflorack likes this.

Two DaLite High Power screens for sale (local NJ pickup only):
2.8 gain 16.9 133"
2.4 gain 2.35 160"
post #1894 of 1920 Old 12-12-2015, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
If you're looking to turn the new Oppo on via IP, ain't gonna happen. For some odd reason, their IP control protocol, or the HW design itself, doesn't feature power on via ip.

Has to be IR, or serial control.
Can it be woken up via. HDMI CEC if you power on the device connected to its HDMI input? I know some people use this as a means to power on their TV/AVR when the TV/AVR doesn't support Wake on LAN or power on via. IP.
post #1895 of 1920 Old 12-12-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyoAJB View Post
Can it be woken up via. HDMI CEC if you power on the device connected to its HDMI input? I know some people use this as a means to power on their TV/AVR when the TV/AVR doesn't support Wake on LAN or power on via. IP.
I bought the wifi blaster to use for my cable box. Do you think if I use one of the ir emitters and put it over the ir in input on the back of the oppo that would work to control it via ir?
post #1896 of 1920 Old 12-14-2015, 02:01 PM

Currently my setup consists of my projector, oppo 103d blu ray player, and receiver. When i watch tv i have the cable go through the oppo to use the darbee processor. I cannot seem to figure out how to program a command into the "watch tv" activity to have the oppo switch to the proper output. I have tried adding an activity through the oppo but all i can find is input scroll, nothing to actually change the input to "hdmi back", like it needs to be. Anyone have any experience with this?
post #1897 of 1920 Old 12-16-2015, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have just been informed by simple control support that OTA program listings fail to provide extended show info due to an issue with the listing provider not supporting the decimal point in the channel number. Is this a known issue in the community and are there any work-arounds short of getting a cable or satellite subscription?

Thanks, Tim
post #1898 of 1920 Old 12-16-2015, 02:15 PM

Liked: 75
New Apple TV now sypported!

Finally, Apple added IP support to its Remote app for the new Apple TV 4. That allowed Simple Control to add support, which they did fairly quickly.
post #1899 of 1920 Old 12-16-2015, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Can anyone using a newer denon with ip control can you tell me does roomie/simple provide a "play pad" play pause ect... on the default remote. For listening to pandora, spotify, ect... i use it all the time on my yamaha, but before i purchased a denon i tried to just setup a fake denon device and it didnt look like roomie provided a play pad.
post #1900 of 1920 Old 12-18-2015, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Simple Control with Apple Watch

Seems like a few people are having good success controlling SC with the watch. In my case I have a fairly large Insteon environment with a ton of feedback. SC has tried everything they can think of to assist - their support has been pretty good. My question is for those who have this working is your installation large and are you using the ISY 994i as the hub? Or are you just controlling AV equipment and no lighting?
post #1901 of 1920 Old 12-18-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeffs View Post
Seems like a few people are having good success controlling SC with the watch. In my case I have a fairly large Insteon environment with a ton of feedback. SC has tried everything they can think of to assist - their support has been pretty good. My question is for those who have this working is your installation large and are you using the ISY 994i as the hub? Or are you just controlling AV equipment and no lighting?
What problem are you having?
post #1902 of 1920 Old 12-28-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
What problem are you having?
Very little control, very slow and absolutely no feedback from the ISY hub on Insteon devices. A typical session might allow me to actually turn on my system but that is as far as I can get. I can't control anything past that and can't turn the system off even though it was turned on from the watch. I've tried all the suggestions about resintalling, restarting the watch etc. and always end up with the same issues.
post #1903 of 1920 Old 01-03-2016, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Currently my setup consists of my projector, oppo 103d blu ray player, and receiver. When i watch tv i have the cable go through the oppo to use the darbee processor. I cannot seem to figure out how to program a command into the "watch tv" activity to have the oppo switch to the proper output. I have tried adding an activity through the oppo but all i can find is input scroll, nothing to actually change the input to "hdmi back", like it needs to be. Anyone have any experience with this?
Have you tried going into the activity and change the power on commands to include switching the input? You can setup multiple commands for when you enter and exit an activity.

IE Watch TV.

Power On if necessary
Switch to Cable on Marantz
Power off lights
post #1904 of 1920 Old 01-03-2016, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeffs View Post
You may need to slow down the commands.

FWIW you have to have the watch near the iPhone anyways why not just use the iphone
post #1905 of 1920 Old 01-03-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyavs View Post
Have you tried going into the activity and change the power on commands to include switching the input? You can setup multiple commands for when you enter and exit an activity.

IE Watch TV.

Power On if necessary
Power off lights
Yeah, I have tried. I added the oppo remote to the app so when I "watch tv", I then go into the oppo remote and press the input scroll button and select the right one. I cannot figure out any other way to do it.
post #1906 of 1920 Old 01-04-2016, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Wow the hub is expensive, in canada that is 375 dollars, the price of a harmony elite system.

I was on the fence switching over to harmony and still am but the price of that hub for what it does is quite expensive. I am a windows user unfortunately so the hub was my only option but wow thats a big chunk of change for what it does.
post #1907 of 1920 Old 01-04-2016, 02:27 AM

Liked: 1
Just buy an Android tablet or phone and Symple Sync.
post #1908 of 1920 Old 01-04-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyavs View Post

IE Watch TV.

Power On if necessary
Power off lights
Yes, I don't use any of the automatic commands so every button normally has many commands associated with it and I increase the delay as needed.

I think the watch is too slow and my Roomie configuration too complex to ever work well together. Perhaps the Watch 2.0 will fix the speed issue. For now Mobilinc works amazingly well for the Insteon lights since that is all it's doing.

I normally don't use the phone for Roomie control anyway. I have dedicated iPads for that. I just thought it would be nice to be able to control some of the AV stuff with the watch like volume and the lighting. I'll wait for the next releases and try again.
post #1909 of 1920 Old 01-10-2016, 12:46 PM

Is it possible to add scenes from the Phillips hue tap to simple control? I added the hue hub to simple control and am able to control the lights with the sliders but I want to add actual scenes. Is it possible?
post #1910 of 1920 Old 01-12-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Is it possible to add scenes from the Phillips hue tap to simple control? I added the hue hub to simple control and am able to control the lights with the sliders but I want to add actual scenes. Is it possible?
Yes, you can create (for example) a button in the remote which activates a scene.
post #1911 of 1920 Old 01-15-2016, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Is anyone using simple and a JVC RS500/600 projector ? Simple found my projector but when I add it to an activity nothing happens, will not turn off or on.

Thank you
post #1912 of 1920 Old 01-15-2016, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Is anyone using simple and a JVC RS500/600 projector ? Simple found my projector but when I add it to an activity nothing happens, will not turn off or on.

Thank you
post #1913 of 1920 Old 01-26-2016, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I'm trying to assign a simplecontrol trigger to an unused button on a Insteon 4 scene switch (mini-remote) the trigger will run an activity that turns on the projector/avr/oppo in my HT room.

The only trigger status I have on SimpleControl is 'Brightness' so whilst it works if I assign the trigger to one of the buttons that turn the lights on, I cant get it to function with an empty button.

Does anyone know how I might go about getting this to work (tricks or workarounds).

My insteon devices are controlled by an ISY99 controller, I have a mac-mini running the trigger agent

Emotiva XMC-1 Dirac full + Oppo BDP-105, Wharfedale OPUS 2-3 Towers
Denon AVR-X7200WA, 9.2.4, Emotiva XPA-5 G2*2, UPA-700, THX surrounds, DCS in Ceiling Speakers TF+TR, Dual UM18 Sealed Subs, Onkyo DAC-1000s, Darbee DVP5000, Xbox One, Roamio Pro
Epson 6020UB LPE with Prismasonic Anamorphic CIH lens, 120" 2.40:1 DIY screen,
Mac Mni 2012 + JRiver MC 20, QNAP TVS-871 NAS
post #1914 of 1920 Old 01-29-2016, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Anyone any difficulty adding commands to the IR?

I have an IP2IR and SC app found it very quickly but it can't seem to pick up commands for my TV. The TV is only 2 or 3 years old (Sony 46HX853) so I would expect the commands to be easily found. When I set SC to learn the commands it just does not learn the power toggle for example. I'm pointing the remote at the rear of the IP2IR and pressing the power button. In the background the TV is switching on and off but the iTach is not detecting a thing.

Note - it's learning some commands like the numbers 0-9 but not the power. Also if I test the soft remote and press a digit it will send but I can't send another command directly after it. Wait 30 seconds maybe and it will work.

Any ideas?

DIY Sound Group 893 & Volt 8's Build Thread

Last edited by sjackson; 01-29-2016 at 04:22 PM.
post #1915 of 1920 Old 01-29-2016, 07:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I purchased the app, however it is not controling either of my TV's when the TV's are listed on the compatibility list.

Both TV's are Samsungs - One is a 55HU8550 and the other one is a 55JS7000

On both if I try adding them to the app they are found on my network, if I select the TV it asks me for the access number on the screen I enter it in and the code goes away on the TV screen, however I can not control the TVs.

Any ideas?

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US / MultiChannel News
post #1916 of 1920 Old 01-30-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjackson View Post

I have an IP2IR and SC app found it very quickly but it can't seem to pick up commands for my TV. The TV is only 2 or 3 years old (Sony 46HX853) so I would expect the commands to be easily found. When I set SC to learn the commands it just does not learn the power toggle for example. I'm pointing the remote at the rear of the IP2IR and pressing the power button. In the background the TV is switching on and off but the iTach is not detecting a thing.

Note - it's learning some commands like the numbers 0-9 but not the power. Also if I test the soft remote and press a digit it will send but I can't send another command directly after it. Wait 30 seconds maybe and it will work.

Any ideas?
Have you tried the Sony TV commands from the Simple Control library? I just added a Samsung TV via IP2IR and was able to use the built in command library for all Samsung TVs.
post #1917 of 1920 Old 01-30-2016, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjackson View Post

Any ideas?
you may need to play with the infrared retransmit counts. Some TV's require a setting of 2 or 3
see paragraph 5 at https://www.simplecontrol.com/knowle...i-diagnose-it/

Last edited by hgmobile; 01-31-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: extra information
post #1918 of 1920 Old 02-02-2016, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by peptalk1 View Post
Just buy an Android tablet or phone and Symple Sync.
So can you just grab a cheap Fire tablet off Amazon and SS and you're good to go?

What the hell are you looking down here for?!
post #1919 of 1920 Old 02-03-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowknown View Post
So can you just grab a cheap Fire tablet off Amazon and SS and you're good to go?
As far as I can understand from their website: Yes if you also buy their sync app.
nowknown likes this.
post #1920 of 1920 Old Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowknown View Post
So, I got a cheap Proscan ('Lolipop' OS) tablet (going from an ipad to this is like jumping out of a Lexus and landing on a skateboard) downloaded Simple Sync onto it AND bought a $50 SS license (you have to do both.) 'Not a happy camper. After a lot of buying/passwords/syncing/resettings/emails to support and talking more to this b' Alexa than I do to my wife , I only get a crapload of either "you must have a Simple acount" or "I can't find an activity called TV in your profile". By the time I get this s' to work we will all be watching hover TVs (and they will probably not be in my profile either!

What the hell are you looking down here for?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver
Gear in this thread