Demopad for Ipad & Iphone - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 466 Old 02-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Please excuse the low video quality, it was shot with an iPhone 4S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 466 Old 02-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Liked: 11
Mike,

It's been awhile since we last spoke. Hope all is well. Great demonstration. Does this mean you have made the transistion from IRule to DeomPad? As always, great job with GUI.
post #303 of 466 Old 02-06-2012, 04:02 AM

Liked: 10
Need some help with setting up DemoPad for controlling screen triggers. Currently, I have 2 12V triggers connected to my AV processor. What I want to do is find a compatible control module for use with DemoPad that will allow me to plug in standard 12V phone type plugs into it and control the triggers with the DemoPad software on the control module.

I need to program it for the following commands and send a 12V signal for each setting:

Screen Lower/Raise

Screen Masking Lower/Raise

The projector screen I use is a Stewart brand screen that is duel-masking 16:9 to 4:3 which is why I need to send signals that will raise and lower both the screen and masking as needed from the DemoPad software.

Thanks for any advice and help.
post #304 of 466 Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlbolton View Post

Mike,

It's been awhile since we last spoke. Hope all is well. Great demonstration. Does this mean you have made the transistion from IRule to DeomPad? As always, great job with GUI.

Thanks, Wayne. Everything is good, although, I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the video, especially after 2 and a half hours to upload it to Youtube. The project is 99% complete with just a few more details that need to be worked out. The turning point will be when I turn it over to my Wife. I work on it when I can, which hasn't been a lot lately, plus I just got a Roku box that I'll be incorporating into the system. Hope all is well with you. Thanks, again

Mike.
post #305 of 466 Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM

Just wondering if there will be a post as to the updates/improvements that are to be implemented and what the changes to the demodesigner are? Today is the day that the new version of demodesigner is supposed to be uploaded.
post #306 of 466 Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 AM

According to Andy at Demopad, the update to the designer will be uploaded later today.
post #307 of 466 Old 02-06-2012, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Andy, if you or anyone else is checking this forum for ideas, has there been discussion to add higher resolutions for the retina display?
post #308 of 466 Old 02-06-2012, 07:09 PM

I went to the site to download the update but there is no mention of a new update.Has anybody been able to download the new version?
post #309 of 466 Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah993 View Post

I went to the site to download the update but there is no mention of a new update.Has anybody been able to download the new version?

I think the new version is on the site, the file size is larger than the one from yesterday morning.
I have downloaded but have not had a chance to try it out yet.
post #310 of 466 Old 02-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Any news on what changes have been made?
post #311 of 466 Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM

Hello all

Just getting to grips with Demopad... looks like the replacement for my trusty Pronto Pro Edit (& after a brief flirtation with iRule). Would appreciate some advice setting up my Dune media player by IP.

I can operate the Dune (a Prime 3.0) if I 'send data to a website' as a button action & send the following test action 'h ttp://192.168.0.7/cgi-bin/do?cmd=ir_code&ir_code=EB14BF00' (this sends 'Enter' to my player at relevant IP address) [no space on http in Demopad]. All good - however, I would rather set the Dune up as a Device with separate actions clearly listed as Commands.

I've set-up a 'Generic IP Device' at 192.168.0.7... & have added a Command 'cgi-bin/do?cmd=ir_code&ir_code=EB14BF00' - however, no dice - Dune does nothing. I've tried Port 80 (which I think is right), 4998 (default advised) & Blank. I've also tried Command Suffix '\\x0D\\x0A' and Blank - again, no dice.

Kind of frustrating - grateful for any advice what I'm doing wrong here (hopefully someone has figured this out already)...

Thanks
PY
post #312 of 466 Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM

The obvious update with DemoPad is the ability to hide the "sub pages". Thanks Mike (Mborner). Haven't had much time to discover anything other than that. Demopad, chime in at any time.
post #313 of 466 Old 02-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Question for anyone that has used a NEST tstat: have you tried calling the app from within DemoPad? I've read where only the NEST app can control the stat, thus it would be great to launch it from Demopad.
post #314 of 466 Old 02-08-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:

The obvious update with DemoPad is the ability to hide the "sub pages". Thanks Mike (Mborner). Haven't had much time to discover anything other than that. Demopad, chime in at any time.

Where is the control to hide the sub pages ??
Thanks
post #315 of 466 Old 02-08-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuruJeff View Post

Need some help with setting up DemoPad for controlling screen triggers. Currently, I have 2 12V triggers connected to my AV processor. What I want to do is find a compatible control module for use with DemoPad that will allow me to plug in standard 12V phone type plugs into it and control the triggers with the DemoPad software on the control module.

I need to program it for the following commands and send a 12V signal for each setting:

Screen Lower/Raise

Screen Masking Lower/Raise

The projector screen I use is a Stewart brand screen that is duel-masking 16:9 to 4:3 which is why I need to send signals that will raise and lower both the screen and masking as needed from the DemoPad software.

Thanks for any advice and help.

I cant find anything listed in the US but here in the UK you would use something like this x2

http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product...V_trigger.html
post #316 of 466 Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsplace View Post

Thanks

Trevorsplace,

You have to first expand your home page directory by clicking on the + sign. Each sub-page will now be present. Right click to either "hide" or "show" the respective sub-page. I currently have all my sub-pages hidden which allows me to modify the home page much easier. Enjoy
post #317 of 466 Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsplace View Post

Thanks

If you look at your homepage that has a subpage placed on it. In the tree structure you will see the icon for the subpage below the homepage. Click on the subpage here and you will be given the option to hide the page.
Great addition when you have multiple subpages stacked on top of one another.

The subpage icon will change so you know it is hidden.
Clicking on any hidden subpage gives the option to show the page again.
post #318 of 466 Old 02-08-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:

Trevorsplace,

You have to first expand your home page directory by clicking on the + sign. Each sub-page will now be present. Right click to either "hide" or "show" the respective sub-page. I currently have all my sub-pages hidden which allows me to modify the home page much easier. Enjoy

Damn!

Beat me to it.
post #319 of 466 Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Thanks guys..
post #320 of 466 Old 02-09-2012, 03:55 AM

A question to those that have used iRule and now prefer Demopad; what are the advantages in using Demopad over iRule?

I use iRule but I have not spent a lot of time on it, and I set my (basic) system up almost a year ago and haven't used the builder much since. I am looking for a less time intensive solution to redo my remote system. The biggest problem I had with iRule was making the graphics look professional, consistent, and slick, with my limited time. I was hoping people would share panels and pages that I could use as Templates but I can't see many good ones nor any full 'sets' in the builder.

I had a brief flirtation with Roomie because the graphics are good and all there, but the flexibility to create a customized UI was not. So that's shelved until and if it gains a lot more UI flexibility.

Thanks for all input and I hope Mborner chimes in because I have noted his comprehensive and skilled use of both iRule and Demopad and would value his thoughts.
post #321 of 466 Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie View Post

A question to those that have used iRule and now prefer Demopad; what are the advantages in using Demopad over iRule?

I use iRule but I have not spent a lot of time on it, and I set my (basic) system up almost a year ago and haven't used the builder much since. I am looking for a less time intensive solution to redo my remote system. The biggest problem I had with iRule was making the graphics look professional, consistent, and slick, with my limited time. I was hoping people would share panels and pages that I could use as Templates but I can't see many good ones nor any full 'sets' in the builder.

I had a brief flirtation with Roomie because the graphics are good and all there, but the flexibility to create a customized UI was not. So that's shelved until and if it gains a lot more UI flexibility.

Thanks for all input and I hope Mborner chimes in because I have noted his comprehensive and skilled use of both iRule and Demopad and would value his thoughts.

Geordie, from a programming standpoint, Demopad has a slightly steeper learning curve. Demopad has the option of using a flag based dynamic UI. This flag system can be a little awkward at first, but in my opinion, it's one of the main reasons why I'm going with Demopad. They both offer full custom graphics but Demopad is 100 times easier to get graphics and buttons lined up properly. The dynamic sub-pages in Demopad are amazing. If I were to tell you what I thought the main differences were between the two, I would say that it is mostly in the GUI, with iRule being a bit static and Demopad being much more involving and fun to use. I'll admit, I struggled with Demopads's flag system for quite some time. Several emails to their support team helped immensely.

Oh, if you do decide to go with Demopad, please take the time to download the sample projects from their website, they are, without a doubt, the greatest learning tools you can find on the internet. They give you the opportunity to get inside a full blown Demopad project and see first hand how things are set up.
post #322 of 466 Old 02-09-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Oh, if you do decide to go with Demopad, please take the time to download the sample projects from their website, they are, without a doubt, the greatest learning tools you can find on the internet. They give you the opportunity to get inside a full blown Demopad project and see first hand how things are set up.

Where are these samples? I thought I'd seen them once and now I can't for the life of me find them again.
post #323 of 466 Old 02-10-2012, 03:24 AM

Quote:

Geordie, from a programming standpoint, Demopad has a slightly steeper learning curve. Demopad has the option of using a flag based dynamic UI. This flag system can be a little awkward at first, but in my opinion, it's one of the main reasons why I'm going with Demopad. They both offer full custom graphics but Demopad is 100 times easier to get graphics and buttons lined up properly. The dynamic sub-pages in Demopad are amazing. If I were to tell you what I thought the main differences were between the two, I would say that it is mostly in the GUI, with iRule being a bit static and Demopad being much more involving and fun to use. I'll admit, I struggled with Demopads's flag system for quite some time. Several emails to their support team helped immensely.

Thanks for the input Mike, much appreciated. I think I will put iRule aside for the moment and give either Demopad or TouchControl a try next.
post #324 of 466 Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post

Where are these samples? I thought I'd seen them once and now I can't for the life of me find them again.

http://www.demopad.com/resources.html
post #325 of 466 Old 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 114
this looks very interesting but just how much $$$ are we talking about when it comes to the hardware required for this. And what is the more common brands people are getting?
post #326 of 466 Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:

http://www.demopad.com/resources.html

Thank you I was able to download and look at one so far. I'll say this, the tree layout is a bit confusing. I see subpages in two different areas and when I click one, for example the audio page, I just see an iTunes style icon with a flag attached. Very confusing since I'm not sure what te icon really does. The home page looks normal and I can visualize a button press with commands and maybe a macro attached, but that doesn't look as if that's what is happening. So, to sum up so far, why so many subpages with just an icon? I understand the devices portion with every possible command given to it. Somewhere I read that if you just concentrate on the GUI, then start with the commands to the devices. Maybe that was you who did that.
post #327 of 466 Old 02-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post

Thank you I was able to download and look at one so far. I'll say this, the tree layout is a bit confusing. I see subpages in two different areas and when I click one, for example the audio page, I just see an iTunes style icon with a flag attached. Very confusing since I'm not sure what te icon really does. The home page looks normal and I can visualize a button press with commands and maybe a macro attached, but that doesn't look as if that's what is happening. So, to sum up so far, why so many subpages with just an icon? I understand the devices portion with every possible command given to it. Somewhere I read that if you just concentrate on the GUI, then start with the commands to the devices. Maybe that was you who did that.

When you look at the video on Demopad's home page, you have to realize that every button you see sliding in and out of place has to have it's own sub-page. If all the buttons moved together, (like all the buttons in the center) you would group them on a single sub-page. However, You'll notice that the buttons on the left and right are moving independently of one another, therefore, each individual button (icon) must have it own sub-page.
post #328 of 466 Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:

When you look at the video on Demopad's home page, you have to realize that every button you see sliding in and out of place has to have it's own sub-page. If all the buttons moved together, (like all the buttons in the center) you would group them on a single sub-page. However, You'll notice that the buttons on the left and right are moving independently of one another, therefore, each individual button (icon) must have it own sub-page.

Yeah that started to become clear after I downloaded the Keene test project. That merged pages but the light came as I looked into each page. It also looks as if each subpage item has all the macro stuff, including the flag, set inside the command info panel. Does that sound right?
post #329 of 466 Old 02-12-2012, 11:21 PM

Just finished with my first run at a GUI after a week's struggle with the wrong browser and a router that wasn't set to deal with 802.11b protocols. Now that I have progressed to the point that I have about 2/3rds of the cammands working, I would like to know what would be the best approach to get the other 1/3rd working.

All commands were generated by using the original remotes and capturing the code with the iTach GC-IRL and iLearn.

Would it be a good idea to alter the commands so the code is sent multiple times for those buttons not working? I'm shooting for a very simnple result to gain basic control of HT separates along with X10 modules for power amps and lighting.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Bill

Bill Bunker
post #330 of 466 Old 02-13-2012, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

You can manually change the repeat count of an IR code string by changing the digit just after the carrier frequency. For example, if your code is:
sendir,2:3,1,38000,1,1,343,170,22,19,22,19,22,19,22,63,22,63 ,22,63,22,63,22,19,22,63,22,63,22,63,22,19,22,19,22,19,22,19 ,22,63,22,63,22,63,

You would change the first digit to the right of "38000". So, you would change the 1 to a 2 or 3.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Irule

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page