Demopad for Ipad & Iphone - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 466 Old 04-19-2012, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would REALLY like to see DemoPad software updated to support the new Apple iPad retina display. I am making my custom Photoshop graphics for it now, but can't use them until the update for their best look. Sure hope it comes soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 466 Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuruJeff View Post

Would REALLY like to see DemoPad software updated to support the new Apple iPad retina display. I am making my custom Photoshop graphics for it now, but can't use them until the update for their best look. Sure hope it comes soon.

+1 for me

I would also like to get the full resolution on my new iPad.
Maybe Andy could inform us, on when this update would be out?
post #423 of 466 Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuruJeff View Post

You can use retina graphics right now. Just add a button/image as normal with your retina image, then re-size it in the designer to be exactly 50% of the size of the actual image (there will be a menu option to do this for you in the next release of the PC software). When displayed on a retina display, you will get the full quality image, as the image files are sent to the iPad/iPhone unmodified. Page/Subpage background images are scaled anyway, so again just choose a retina image & you are good to go. No need to alter the resolution of the project...
post #424 of 466 Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 PM

Thanks for the update. Can you add something to your website as people are getting the wrong impression that it cannot handle the retina graphics? Also when is you new update due?

Thanks Fulltopuk
post #425 of 466 Old 04-25-2012, 11:39 AM

Hello
I have just got the Demopad software and a Global Cache IR
I have made good progress , however your layout looks cool

Would it be possible to get a copy of your pad file.
I would really like to use it with my codes attached to the layout

Would appreciate it if you can oblige. However I understand if you might not want to send as I know the time it takes to buidl these.

Thanks
Nick
post #426 of 466 Old 04-28-2012, 05:16 AM

hey guys,
i created an demopad ipad control for my home theater. Love it.

My question is, Is it possible to copy my project and re-size it for my iphone? I'm not expecting a simple one click option. I have tried making a copy of the project and resizing on the project level but demopad says, nope cant do that.

i guess what I'm trying to avoid is all the copy and pasting and re-entering the commands.

Do i have to re-size the images on each page then re-size the project for iphone?

sorry if this question has been covered but didnt see it in the forum.

Thanks!
Martin

Martin
----------------
marantz SR6006, Panasonic 58" v10 plasma, Dual Epik legends subs, Polk monitor 70 towers, Polk CS2 center, (4)Polk rm7200 sats, Sony s550 bluray - Demopad- iPad remote
post #427 of 466 Old 05-01-2012, 06:36 AM

Yes, just choose File - Save As, change the project resolution & everything will be scaled down. You will probably still need to play around with the graphics to make it look good on an iPhone, but all your commands/flags etc will be kept intact.
post #428 of 466 Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 AM

Thanks, how easy was that! i originally did a copy an past of the files manually. that doesn't work for resizing the resolution.

a little reformatting here and there and up and running.

thanks again,
Martin

Martin
----------------
marantz SR6006, Panasonic 58" v10 plasma, Dual Epik legends subs, Polk monitor 70 towers, Polk CS2 center, (4)Polk rm7200 sats, Sony s550 bluray - Demopad- iPad remote
post #429 of 466 Old 05-05-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoPad View Post

You can use retina graphics right now. Just add a button/image as normal with your retina image, then re-size it in the designer to be exactly 50% of the size of the actual image (there will be a menu option to do this for you in the next release of the PC software). When displayed on a retina display, you will get the full quality image, as the image files are sent to the iPad/iPhone unmodified. Page/Subpage background images are scaled anyway, so again just choose a retina image & you are good to go. No need to alter the resolution of the project...

This does not work for me. I have created many graphic buttons/icons for the iPad Retina display (iPad 3), but they will NOT move into the window for placement. The large size of them prevents them from being placed in the right pane in the DemoPad software. There seems to be an issue there where if they are over a certain size or won't fit, then you can't place them. This means you also can't resize them since they can't be placed, which is the method you stated.

Instead, all of this would be MUCH more simple if the DemoPad software simply had the option to go from the 1024X768 to Retina size for the layout. It would be a lot more fluid than having to resize images and such in the software. This needs to be NATIVE support in DemoPad for sure.

Please consider this strongly in your next update.
post #430 of 466 Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 AM

Yes, the next update deals with the issue of larger graphics being dragged on to the screen (be sure to use the page/subpage background menu for background images...as background images should not be dragged on anyway)

For now though if the software stops you dragging a large image on, just drag a smaller image on the page somewhere, then go to the image change menu & pick your larger retina graphic & resize to 50%.

The next PC update should go live this week anyway...
post #431 of 466 Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 AM

Has the update been released yet?
post #432 of 466 Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltopuk View Post

Has the update been released yet?

Seems to have been, along with the app.
post #433 of 466 Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 AM

Going to try Roomie. Tired of waiting for Demopad to incorporate the kind of two-way feedback that Roomie provides.

Don't get me wrong, I like the ability to create a more stylish and dynamic interface and have created a pretty slick one if I don't say so myself. But other than that ability, Demopad is light years behind Roomie (In theory, will have to try it of course). The reason I chose Demopad over Roomie was because the devs promised this funtionality "soon."

Seven months and still waiting. . . . . typical. I've had a ticket open for months with Micasa, and another for months with Spectracal. Sometimes this stuff is more trouble than it's worth, but I love my gadgets and will likely continue to be a glutton for punishment lol.

Anyone else played with Roomie?
post #434 of 466 Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 AM

I recently purchased Demopad for my iPad and so far I'm happy for the most part. The software is difficult to understand and the learning curve is pretty steep but once you get the hang of flags, it becomes a powerful tool. I would really like to see the ability to reorder the actions of a button for organizational purposes. It's very hard to understand what's happening when you have a list of 20+ flags being set with one button press and your list looks like 0.0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.1, 0.0, 0.2, etc with the delays.

I'm a little disappointed to see this thread dying down and the iRule thread so active. Demopad is much more powerful and has greater potential but iRule is easier to use and I'm assuming that's why it's more popular. For people like myself, I enjoy tinkering and getting the most out of my remote in terms of customization. I'd like to see what the devs of this app have to say about the future. I'm a little concerned I just dropped 40 dollars on an app that's dying. So far I've received excellent customer support with speedy responses so that's encouraging (they helped me resolve sending IP commands to my HTPC and Networking AVR).

I have one thing I can't seem to figure out logically so I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. Basically when I click a menu button to change the source in my remote a series of flags are set to hide and reveal sections and buttons with fancy transitions. There are lots of dependencies being set and it's all quite a complicated flag changing system. If I press one menu button and then quickly press another menu button before it disappears then the flags being set by those two buttons conflict. I would like a way to set an action 'lock' on each button so that when I click a button, all other buttons are temporarily disabled until that button completes all of its actions. Any ideas?

Let's get this thread going again! smile.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #435 of 466 Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Use the 'Action Dependent Flag' for the button (expand the button action menu) to lock out the button temporarily, based on a flag. Then set that flag at the start of your macro, and unset when the macro finishes
post #436 of 466 Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Issue with Demopad and to a lesser degree iRule is they appear to have shifted focus away from the enthusiasts to the pro installers. Although I understand what they are doing, I wish they had not made that choice. mad.gif
post #437 of 466 Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 AM

First time poster.

Am loving the help on this thread
post #438 of 466 Old 06-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoPad View Post

True 2-way feedback is coming...

The order in which commands appear in the list is not necessarily the order in which they execute - the delay parameter is NOT cumulative. That is why removing a command that has a delay has no effect on timings....

You can copy objects across pages / subpages / projects using Control-A (select all), Control-C (to copy) and Control-V (to paste after clicking the background of the target page).

Subpages are designed to be used across multiple pages, and you delete them from a page just like you delete a button - by pressing the delete key. Not sure what the issue is here, please email support@demopad.com & they will help you out.

You can store HTTP commands (GET and POST) in pre-defined commands, example command: "GET /processKey.cgi?key=menu HTTP/1.0 \\x0D\\x0A".

I cannot stress enough that users should email support@demopad.com directly for assistance - the support is free & fast (and accurate, unlike some posts/comments we've seen on various forums).

DemoPad,

Have been lurking in the various remote control threads for a while now. What was really nice about Pronto was the esay ability to share / resuse screens, buttons, graphics, or even entire setups on sites such as remotecentral.com. It really speeds up the development process, advances the learning curve, and draws a user community together. Is this "reuse" easy to accomplish in demopad? If not any plans to support it?

Mike
post #439 of 466 Old 06-25-2012, 11:25 AM

As mentioned a bit earlier in the thread, how does one *ahem* borrow the graphics from the irule builder?
post #440 of 466 Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWojcik View Post

DemoPad,
Have been lurking in the various remote control threads for a while now. What was really nice about Pronto was the esay ability to share / resuse screens, buttons, graphics, or even entire setups on sites such as remotecentral.com. It really speeds up the development process, advances the learning curve, and draws a user community together. Is this "reuse" easy to accomplish in demopad? If not any plans to support it?
Mike

You can currently copy/paste page components between projects, but in the next release of the PC software (next week) you will see a new project creation screen which lets you choose an existing project template to work from, and you can even create your own template projects to be included on the home page. We are also planning (within a few weeks) the ability to directly export & import project components (page and sub-pages) for easy insertion into other projects - at the minute you have to copy/paste manually, but you will soon be able to drag a subpage on to any project as easy as you drag on a button. These page/subpage components will be single files that can be shared between users / projects.

Also, the next version of the app, being submitted to Apple next week, deals with custom feedback variables which has been asked for several times on this forum...

Hope this helps...
post #441 of 466 Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

What do you mean exactly by custom feedback variables?
post #442 of 466 Old 06-28-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengenl View Post

What do you mean exactly by custom feedback variables?

There are currently 3 types of internal variable in the software - flags (on/off), labels (text) and numbers (numeric values). Each can be assigned a value through an action which affects the GUI, but until now it has been difficult (and in the case of labels, sometimes impossible) to assign them a value based on feedback from a device - because you need to enter every possible response into the software. With the update, you will be able to assign the feedback (or a portion of it) from a device directly to a label, to display the current temperature, or track selection for example. You'll also be able to extract just the part of the feedback data you want, and assign it, for example to a number to alter a gauge value for volume etc.
post #443 of 466 Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Oh thats fracken awsome. I've been waiting a long time for this. Its something I loved about command fusion and really wanted in DP. THANKYOU !smile.gif
post #444 of 466 Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

That's awesome Andy. Which devices will be supported?
post #445 of 466 Old 06-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Andy, any chance you can include the version number with the DP file name, so we know when we download that its a new version ? Currently the only way to tell is from inside the program itself.
post #446 of 466 Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoPad View Post

You can currently copy/paste page components between projects, but in the next release of the PC software (next week) you will see a new project creation screen which lets you choose an existing project template to work from, and you can even create your own template projects to be included on the home page. We are also planning (within a few weeks) the ability to directly export & import project components (page and sub-pages) for easy insertion into other projects - at the minute you have to copy/paste manually, but you will soon be able to drag a subpage on to any project as easy as you drag on a button. These page/subpage components will be single files that can be shared between users / projects.
Also, the next version of the app, being submitted to Apple next week, deals with custom feedback variables which has been asked for several times on this forum...
Hope this helps...

Andy

Thanks for the response -sounds like this should work. Look forward to trying it out

Mike
post #447 of 466 Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 AM

New version released with generic feedback....
post #448 of 466 Old 08-03-2012, 08:39 AM

Just so everyone knows - we've now launched our new DemoPad website, which has its own forum (monitored by DemoPad), with places to share app graphics / universal remote commands etc & plenty of tutorials for diy users to get your home automation app up and running. You can see the new site at www.ipaduniversalremote.com
post #449 of 466 Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 PM

I purchased DemoPad earlier today but am having a few problems getting the IP control to work for my screen (Pioneer KRP-500M) and amp (Denon 3808). Both devices have web pages which I have confirmed can be used to control them, and I have also downloaded documentation for both devices which include the IP commands.

I've not been able to find a step by step guide to getting IP control to work so I am hoping that if I post the configuration that I am using that my beginners mistake will be easily spotted by a more experienced DemoPad user.

Pioneer Screen
IP Address: 192.168.0.55
Port: 4202
Type: Generic IP Device
UDP: Checked
Command Suffix: \x0D\x0A
Sample command: INPS05

Note: Power Saving mode has been disabled on the amp

Denon Amp
IP Address: 192.168.0.11
Port: 23
Type: Generic IP Device
UDP: Checked
Command Suffix: \x0D
Sample command: SIDVD

All advice and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

James
post #450 of 466 Old 12-28-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Try by unchecking UDP, this should do the trick. Everyhing else seems to be right.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Irule

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page