Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 466 Old 11-19-2011, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedX View Post

Stumbled across this thread (and consequently demopad) last week. I was intrigued by the ability to use ip cams, so I bought the app and after a day of the "learning curve" I had an ip cam showing up. I plan on working on PTZ controls next.

I have been using a harmony 890 to control my HT stuff (Yamaha rxv2700, panasonic projector, ZWave lighting, etc.). Understanding that I will need to get a global cache device to move from harmony to demopad, I have no idea how to proceed in doing things like sending IR commands to devices.

1. Does anyone have a preferred method of finding/programming IR codes for various IR devices (e.g. ir learners)? My receiver has enough commands to keep me busy for weeks without an "easy way".

2. Has anyone found a good method for controlling ZWave via demopad?

Your Yamaha receiver can be network controlled by IP, codes are available for it.
Most IR codes are available check RemoteCentral .com Demopad has a tool to convert Pronto codes.
Can't answer on ZWave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 466 Old 11-19-2011, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedX View Post

Stumbled across this thread (and consequently demopad) last week. I was intrigued by the ability to use ip cams, so I bought the app and after a day of the "learning curve" I had an ip cam showing up. I plan on working on PTZ controls next.

I have been using a harmony 890 to control my HT stuff (Yamaha rxv2700, panasonic projector, ZWave lighting, etc.). Understanding that I will need to get a global cache device to move from harmony to demopad, I have no idea how to proceed in doing things like sending IR commands to devices.

1. Does anyone have a preferred method of finding/programming IR codes for various IR devices (e.g. ir learners)? My receiver has enough commands to keep me busy for weeks without an "easy way".

2. Has anyone found a good method for controlling ZWave via demopad?

Which receiver have you got? Maybe cou could control it through ip commands. Which devices do you want to control? Remotecentral.com has got a great ir-ip-rs232 database.
post #183 of 466 Old 11-19-2011, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsplace View Post

Your Yamaha receiver can be network controlled by IP, codes are available for it.
Most IR codes are available check RemoteCentral .com Demopad has a tool to convert Pronto codes.
Can't answer on ZWave.

Nice, I think we answered at the same time
post #184 of 466 Old 11-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Can anyone enlighten me on how to toggle a mute button on and off? I'm sure it's quite simple...
post #185 of 466 Old 11-19-2011, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the response! I have a Yamaha RX-V2700. There's a lot of info here on controlling it via IP, I just have to wrap my brain around it. Thanks for the remote central tip. Going to check it out now....
post #186 of 466 Old 11-20-2011, 10:39 AM

Hi guys is there any body that can help a newbie im looking for some great button images for my demopad designer any body got some links to some free images i had a look around the web but have only found a few sites who want to charge £400/500 and i dont have the resource for that

thanks in advance
post #187 of 466 Old 11-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig4568 View Post

Hi guys is there any body that can help a newbie im looking for some great button images for my demopad designer any body got some links to some free images i had a look around the web but have only found a few sites who want to charge £400/500 and i dont have the resource for that

thanks in advance

I used iRule's builder app to get shared images.
post #188 of 466 Old 11-21-2011, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by awake33 View Post

I used iRule's builder app to get shared images.

Have a look at guifx, they have some nice free graphics. If you are looking for a precise icon just make a google search. For example: light switch png and you will find a lot of free graphics related to a light switch....
post #189 of 466 Old 11-22-2011, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonj View Post

Can anyone enlighten me on how to toggle a mute button on and off? I'm sure it's quite simple...

Hi,

Yes just follow this link: http://www.demopad.com/demodesignmanual.pdf

You will find the example for a toggle button in the section: Implementing a toggle button.
post #190 of 466 Old 11-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengenl View Post

Hi,

Yes just follow this link: http://www.demopad.com/demodesignmanual.pdf

You will find the example for a toggle button in the section: Implementing a toggle button.

Thanks ! I have that manual, but just didn't read that part. Well actually I did, but found it confusing, so skipped it and forgot all about it.

Moral, RTFM !

Another question. What is the desired way to implement queries in 2 way feed back? Should I send the state query each time the button is pressed? Or put it in the page load event with a repeat command. I assume doing this uses up valuable cpu cycles though ?
post #191 of 466 Old 11-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

OK I'm having a lot of fun programming and learning, but the more I learn the more questions I have.

I'm using a denon processor, and with the denon iphone/ipad apps you can see the music that is streaming from a NAS or other media player through twonkymedia.

Is there a way to display this info in demopad ?

Secondly, has anyone managed to control a HTPC ? If so, how ?

Cheers
post #192 of 466 Old 11-23-2011, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks ! I have that manual, but just didn't read that part. Well actually I did, but found it confusing, so skipped it and forgot all about it.

Moral, RTFM !

Another question. What is the desired way to implement queries in 2 way feed back? Should I send the state query each time the button is pressed? Or put it in the page load event with a repeat command. I assume doing this uses up valuable cpu cycles though ?

I added the query only when I enter the page. So the query will always be activated when I enter this page. If you want to repeat it, just add it like a repeating command.
post #193 of 466 Old 11-26-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:

OK I'm having a lot of fun programming and learning, but the more I learn the more questions I have.

I'm using a denon processor, and with the denon iphone/ipad apps you can see the music that is streaming from a NAS or other media player through twonkymedia.

Is there a way to display this info in demopad ?

Secondly, has anyone managed to control a HTPC ? If so, how ?

Cheers

Are you using ir for the htpc via the standard windows reciever?
If so the problem you will run into is the RC6 debounce ( two ir codes for each action) you can turn this off by doing the following, the original remote will still work fine.

Turn off the debounce in windows. * Go to -HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\Hid Ir\\Remotes\\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da*
1 = on*
0 = off

Hey this was my first post!
Hope it helped
post #194 of 466 Old 11-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I added the query only when I enter the page. So the query will always be activated when I enter this page. If you want to repeat it, just add it like a repeating command.

Thanks hengenl.

Are you able to do show playlists and cover art ? either with a sonos or other media streaming device.
post #195 of 466 Old 11-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hux1ey View Post

Are you using ir for the htpc via the standard windows reciever?
If so the problem you will run into is the RC6 debounce ( two ir codes for each action) you can turn this off by doing the following, the original remote will still work fine.

Turn off the debounce in windows. * Go to -HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\Hid Ir\\Remotes\\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da*
1 = on*
0 = off

Hey this was my first post!
Hope it helped

Hi Hux1ey,

welcome to the forum !

Thanks for the tip, but I am really after IP control of mediacentre.

Cheers
Jamie
post #196 of 466 Old 11-28-2011, 05:40 PM

Liked: 11
Just wondering if anyone utilizing DemoPad was able to configure their remote to control "Insteon Lighting" via IP. If so, I think alot of people from the forum will be interested in the device configuration set-up.

I personally have the isy99I that I am soliciting any assistance with enabling control via IP. I was able to research the rest nodes and determine the respective addresses, however, getting the configuration right (device settings) it a bit more complicated.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne
post #197 of 466 Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlbolton View Post

Just wondering if anyone utilizing DemoPad was able to configure their remote to control "Insteon Lighting" via IP. If so, I think alot of people from the forum will be interested in the device configuration set-up.

I personally have the isy99I that I am soliciting any assistance with enabling control via IP. I was able to research the rest nodes and determine the respective addresses, however, getting the configuration right (device settings) it a bit more complicated.

Wayne

I second this. The ISY is the only thing holding me back as I would love to get feedback working with this.
post #198 of 466 Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Wayne

I received your pm and will work with you to get it working.
Then you can post the results for all to see.
post #199 of 466 Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreilly View Post

I second this. The ISY is the only thing holding me back as I would love to get feedback working with this.

Don't hold back, it does work with Insteon, I will work with Wayne to define the right format for the setup.
post #200 of 466 Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsplace View Post

Don't hold back, it does work with Insteon, I will work with Wayne to define the right format for the setup.

With feedback?
post #201 of 466 Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

With feedback?

Have you got the Smart Linc to control your Insteaon Lights?
post #202 of 466 Old 11-29-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Have you got the Smart Linc to control your Insteaon Lights?

I've got the ISY-99i.
post #203 of 466 Old 11-29-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:

With feedback?

Not with feedback at the moment, but I intend to work on that soon.
post #204 of 466 Old 11-29-2011, 05:58 PM

Hengenl, thank you for the rapid response. I understand "Insteon" is compatible with Demopad, however, it will take a little time and interest from users before it becomes a routine set-up device within the application.

Trevorsplace, thank you for providing examples of your experience with controlling "Insteon" lighting via Demopad. Once I determine the best way to control "Insteon" lighting whether its via HTTP or through Device set-up, I will definitely post it here via the form of a Tutorial.

Last but not least, I would like to give a special thank you to Mike (mborner). A true professional and gentleman. Always willing to help in any capacithy. Without you, I would still be in the designer phase. I'm -1- step away from completion of the final project.
post #205 of 466 Old 11-30-2011, 03:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Last but not least, I would like to give a special thank you to Mike (mborner). A true professional and gentleman. Always willing to help in any capacithy. Without you, I would still be in the designer phase. I'm -1- step away from completion of the final project.

Thank you, Wayne, that means a lot. I try to do the best I can but there are some things I just don't fully understand, and for those times, I wish I knew more. If you get a chance, you should post pictures of your incredible home theater, it is truly stunning.

Mike
post #206 of 466 Old 11-30-2011, 07:55 PM

I'm also having a hard time getting Insteon (ISY-99i) lighting to work. I am looking forward to someone posting a step by step process. If the developer can integrate this directly into Demopad then I'm sure a lot more will jump on this app over iRule. This app has been the best of then bunch I currently have. Can't wait until the next version, whenever that is. Great work!
post #207 of 466 Old 11-30-2011, 10:31 PM

Moreilly & Bleeker,

With the help of Trevorsplace, I was finally able to control my Insteon Lighting with Demopad. If you are using a "Serial" connection to the isy99i, then your only option to communicate with the isy991 via Demopad will be via the http.

First and far most important will be to determined the nodes which are basicaly the addresses for the respective "device" or "scene". Because I have my lighting dim for various reason, I utilized "scene" nodes. (Wall Scones on 9% during play, 40% if I have to pause, and 100% once movie is completed.

Step 1 - https://192.168.2.0:443/rest/nodes - This will allow you to verify the "device" and "scenes" nodes. Of course 192.168.2.0 is actualy YOUR IP address for the isy99i. Not yelling, just want you to know to use YOUR IP address. This will be the most time consuming and probably most frustrating part of establishing commnication between DemoPad and your isy991.

A "Device" nodes will look something like:

F C4 1F 5

Riser Lighting

A "Scene" noes will look something like:

Theater Wall Sconces (High)

Again, the "Scene" nodes are much easier to add and can be verified via a browser for accuracy. To verify your nodes will work, do the following:

http:192.168.2.2/rest/nodes/43542/cmd/DON

If all is well, the respective device will turn on. Once you have a valid "node", start the Demopad application and you will enter in the "Action then you will access Dempad, and under Action Editor there will be -2- places that require information

Action Type - Send Data to Website
Web Data - http://username:password@192.168.2.0.../43542/cmd/DON

The username and password is what you use to access YOUR isy991. By entering as described allows Demopad to access the isy91 without prompting you to authenicate. Of course 192.168.2.0 is strictly for illustration purposes. Again, this information is unique to your isy991. The 43542 is YOUR "Scene" node.

To turn off the same device the Web data line will be as follows:

http://username:password@192.168.2.0.../43542/cmd/DOF
post #208 of 466 Old 11-30-2011, 10:49 PM

the Web Data field should read as follows:

http://username:password@192.168.2.0.../43542/cmd/DON

Username & Password - What you use to access YOUR isy991
192.168.2.0 - Your IP Address for YOUR isy991
rest/nodes - Standard in the command field
43542 - YOUR "Scene" node
cmd/DON - Turn respective Device ON
cmd/DOF - Turn respective Device OFF

As you can tell it is a little late, but I know how excited I was to finally establish control of my Insteon Lighting, so I wanted to help put a smile on someelse face. Hopefully this helps and when time permits, I will provide a more detailed Tutorial (with screen shots) to hopefully assist those that are undecided about Demopad due to lighting concerns.

If you guys need any further assitance, don't hesitate to reach out.
post #209 of 466 Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:

the Web Data field should read as follows:

http://username:password@192.168.2.0.../43542/cmd/DON

Username & Password - What you use to access YOUR isy991
192.168.2.0 - Your IP Address for YOUR isy991
rest/nodes - Standard in the command field
43542 - YOUR "Scene" node
cmd/DON - Turn respective Device ON
cmd/DOF - Turn respective Device OFF

As you can tell it is a little late, but I know how excited I was to finally establish control of my Insteon Lighting, so I wanted to help put a smile on someelse face. Hopefully this helps and when time permits, I will provide a more detailed Tutorial (with screen shots) to hopefully assist those that are undecided about Demopad due to lighting concerns.

If you guys need any further assitance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! Should definitely help. Now if we can just get feedback going this app would be even more incredible.
Also, does anyone have 2-way going with an OPPO BDP-93?
post #210 of 466 Old 12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks! Should definitely help. Now if we can just get feedback going this app would be even more incredible.
Also, does anyone have 2-way going with an OPPO BDP-93?

I don't think Oppo support IP control, and from what I read don't intend on doing so, at least not with the current models.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Irule

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page