Acoustic Research ARRX18G XSight - Unable to repeat a key? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 10-22-2011, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a Acoustic Research ARRX18G XSight. I'm unable to make it repeat the same command twice!

For example, I'm trying to controle XBMC on my htpc and I made the remote learn the "arrow up" key. When I press the arrow up key on the remote, the signal is sent and it works: the focus moves up in the XBMC menu. But if I click the button again nothing happens!! The command is not sent a second time. Why?

Also, I would also like to be able to hold the button for the signal to be sent repeatedly, non stop. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 02:55 PM

Same problem. I purchased a cheap windows media center remote control with USB dongle. I used XSight to send RF to IR to the dongle and the PC recognizes the command, but each button only works once and not consecutively....any help on this?
post #3 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway718 View Post

Same problem. I purchased a cheap windows media center remote control with USB dongle. I used XSight to send RF to IR to the dongle and the PC recognizes the command, but each button only works once and not consecutively....any help on this?

Do a google search for MCE and Debounce, to off of the toggle bit that prevents repeat commands.
post #4 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Here was my fix (on the remote):

post #5 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 350
XBMC protocol is nearly impossible for any remote to learn, much less get repeats to work. So it's not all Xsight's fault. I would have gladly taken it off your hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

XBMC protocol is nearly impossible for any remote to learn, much less get repeats to work. So it's not all Xsight's fault. I would have gladly taken it off your hands.

My Harmony 670 works perfectly with XBMC.

But I'm missing a rechargeable battery + dock.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotype View Post

My Harmony 670 works perfectly with XBMC.

But I'm missing a rechargeable battery + dock.

I'm guessing you never had to learn it on harmony. My other UEI remotes (maker of Xsight) work fine too because the protocol was built in. The key is not to learn it. The problem is the protocol has a toggle bit in it that learning would have no clue about. The remote has to know to toggle that bit with each press. If you learn it, and it knows nothing about the toggle, the command will work the first time when the bit is in the right state and fail the second time when the bit is in the wrong state.

These are the XBMC device codes you should try on the Xsight: Y0522, Y1972

post #8 of 9 Old 12-21-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post

Do a google search for MCE and Debounce, to off of the toggle bit that prevents repeat commands.

I did some searches as suggested. This seems to be the problem that I am experienced. Will give it a try - thanks for the useful info.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Just wanted to give kudos to Audiovox customer service. I called the number they supply in their manual when I ran into an issue programming the Touch for my Scientific Atlanta Cable/DVR box, and not only did they pick up almost immediately, but the rep was in the US, and was able to solve my issue quickly. The problem was just with the Power on/off not working in an activity routine but working as a hard button in the Device mode. Rep was able to direct me to an additional set of instruction options in the menu for that device (had to select "PWR", not "Power On/Off"). Anyway, they were very helpful.

Remote is working fine now, although I haven't added to the favorites section yet. It's a nice remote. My system is pretty simple (TV, Receiver, Cable/DVR, BD, ROKU), so TBH, the $17 learning RCA I also got does the job just as well, maybe a little easier, but I could see the Xsight really working well in a more complex situation. Programming it is a breeze once you figure out that there are more options than first appear on the setup screen. Plus I like the backlighting and so far I have yet to see even one bar of battery life drop, even when the remote is out of the charging cradle for 2-3 days.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research Arrx18g Xsight 18 Device Universal Learning Remote Control With Touchscreen Color

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page