Remote code for Philips HTS3371D for Dish 20.0 IR remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-01-2012, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Echostar 20.0 IR remote that I am trying to program to mainly adjust the volume of my Philips HTS3371D Home theater system. I've tried the DVD scan and Aux scan for Tuners/Amplifiers and haven't had luck with any of them.

The HTS3371D is a DVD/HT so not sure which option it would be under but I assume AUX would be the correct remote function for it since when on DVD mode the volume button only controls the TV right now.

Anyone had any luck with this remote and this system? Should I just contact Philips or Dish?

Of note, after scanning for the remote code I entered the following codes with no success in AUX and DVD mode.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 290
In case you don't get any other responses, learning may be the best option in your case. Unlike earlier Dish remotes, the 20.0 and 21.0 can learn.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-02-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

In case you don't get any other responses, learning may be the best option in your case. Unlike earlier Dish remotes, the 20.0 and 21.0 can learn.

I knew they it was a learning remote, but can it learn a function if it doesn't currently work with home theater unit at all? I thought that the remote had to be programmed for the unit first, and then the learning part was to learn the other functions of the original remote like the TV menu/input functions for example?
post #4 of 7 Old 01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think so. The learning feature on every remote I've ever used, including Dish, doesn't care what device code may or may not be assigned. It's just storing a bit pattern from a flashing LED and playing it back when you press the button. Just assign any bogus code to AUX and learn away.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-02-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

I don't think so. The learning feature on every remote I've ever used, including Dish, doesn't care what device code may or may not be assigned. It's just storing a bit pattern from a flashing LED and playing it back when you press the button. Just assign any bogus code to AUX and learn away.

Cool, so I should be able to do this on TV mode and be able to adjust the volume without having to push the AUX button first.....Guess I know what I'll be playing around with then.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I think you still should learn vol in AUX mode, then set the volume punch thru to the AUX device so you can keep TV vol intact should you ever need it.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, I'm all set up now! Down to 1 remote until I watch a DVD or Video on USB.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page