AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy333 View Post
Hello,

I'm programming my R40 and would like to know if it is possible to add spaces in the button labels?

Thanks in advance!

Siegfried
After you type a letter, to leave a space press the right cursor key once, continue. If you are erasing at you enter a new label, press the down cursor and than the right. You can also find a space on the #9 key, after Y, Z, Space, 9.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 278 Old 07-06-2014, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
After you type a letter, to leave a space press the right cursor key once, continue. If you are erasing at you enter a new label, press the down cursor and than the right. You can also find a space on the #9 key, after Y, Z, Space, 9.
Thank you very much for the info.

Siegfried
post #273 of 278 Old 08-30-2014, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Nm.....figured it out....

Last edited by KonaBound2010; 08-30-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Typo's
post #274 of 278 Old 09-17-2014, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how do we set up URC R40 to control sat and tivo using those controls via ir, not the tv itself.
post #275 of 278 Old 10-10-2014, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need help programming Smart TV functions.

Just bought this remote. New to this forum. Point me in the right direction if I have posted in the wrong thread.

I have a Samsung Smart TV. The original remote has a dedicated button to put it into smart TV mode. The best option I have found to do this is to program a new main menu button (I guess that would be called a device button) as my Smart TV button and copy over most of the functions from my TV Device. Realize that I can program a smart TV button as a device screen button, but that's too complicated for the wife and kids, they like having the smart TV on the main screen. Set it up and it works except for one thing. When I hit the button, the TV goes into Smart TV mode and I can see the smart TV menu, etc and all the other functions work well... except for the navigation function - the round circle. I need this to navigate through my smart TV menu but it will not work. I tried copying jus tthe channel and menu functions from the TV device, but nothing will stick to the circle to navigate the smart TV menu. When I hit the TV device and go into TV mode the nav circle works fine, so I'm a bit stumped as it seems that the function is then not being copied over to the Smart TV device button.

Appreciate any advice on how to get this working or how to set up an alternative.

Last edited by Coop2; 10-10-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: P.S. How do I subscribe to a thread, don;t see any "subscribe" link/button
post #276 of 278 Old 10-19-2014, 10:15 AM

Genie Remote help

Hello. New to the boards. I am having trouble programming the "enter" button from DirecTv's Genie remote to the R40. The enter button on the Genie can be short-pressed for "enter" or long-pressed for "input." When trying to learn "enter" to my R40, it learns it as "input" instead because of having to long press the button in order to learn.

Anyone have a Genie that they've programmed to this remote? I'd appreciate the help!
post #277 of 278 Old 10-19-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB10 View Post
Hello. New to the boards. I am having trouble programming the "enter" button from DirecTv's Genie remote to the R40. The enter button on the Genie can be short-pressed for "enter" or long-pressed for "input." When trying to learn "enter" to my R40, it learns it as "input" instead because of having to long press the button in order to learn.

Anyone have a Genie that they've programmed to this remote? I'd appreciate the help!
For cleaner learns off of the directv white remote, turn off the extra signal sent with each button press:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 3
4. press CH DOWN

After teaching, to turn it back on, do the same steps but in the fourth step press CH UP key.
post #278 of 278 Old 10-19-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
For cleaner learns off of the directv white remote, turn off the extra signal sent with each button press:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 3
4. press CH DOWN

After teaching, to turn it back on, do the same steps but in the fourth step press CH UP key.

I couldn't get that to work. #1 you mean on the DTV remote I assume? When I did the mute and select, it flashed twice and then I pressed 9,6, but when I press 3 the light turns red and doesn't seem to accept the number.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Urc R40 My Favorite Remote Advanced Universal Remote Control For Up To 18 A V Components , Remotes And Controllers , Mx 780 Universal Remote Control , Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page