One For All 9910 RF Rcvr & Acoustic Research ARRX18G? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone please confirm whether the "IF/IR Command Center" for the One For All URC 9910 can be used with the Acoustic Research ARRX18G? From what I understand, Acoustic Research is made by Audiovox which also makes the One For All line of remotes. A lot of the buttons on my 9910 are malfunctioning so I'm looking for another great learning remote with RF capabilities. The RF receivers for the Acoustic Research ARRX18G are no longer being manufactured and are hard to find, I saw three of them being sold on eBay for $126 just for the receiver, no remote. Otherwise, can someone please recommend another brand of universal remote with learning capabilities as well as RF capabilities. I have my receiver and cable box in my living room with a powered splitter going from the receiver to a flatscreen TV there and a 25 foot HDMI cable going through the ceiling to the TV in my bedroom which is where I use the remote and the reason I need the RF capabilities.

Dan G in CT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-07-2012, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 283
I haven't seen any reports of a 9910 base working with Xsight. But the next few posts after THIS one have some cheap alternatives like THIS $50 Nevo C3 base which an exact replacement. After hearing these crazy prices, I'm kicking myself because I sold my last Xsight RF base for $20 on ebay about 6 months ago.

If I were you, I'd open up the 9910 and clean the button contacts and circuit board with an alcohol swab. It should be good as new after that. If you like the 9910, you can get a new 8910 for about $20 plus a Next Generation RF system for it for about $40.

The URC RF20 is an affordable RF remote as well.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research Arrx18g Xsight 18 Device Universal Learning Remote Control With Touchscreen Color

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page