Wireless Remotes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-15-2012, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to buy a new TV and I'm wondering if any manufactures sell TVs with a wireless remote, as opposed to infrared. I use a Play Station 3 to watch DVDs and I love not having to point the PS3 remote at the device to use it. I've Googled, but can't seem to find anything.

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-15-2012, 11:36 AM

Have a look at global cache, itach ip2ir or wifi2ir if you would like to use an idevice to control your system. Its a wifi connection from the idevice to the itach which then converts the signal to ir. using the app on your idevice (irule, roomie) you can control basically anything.

If you prefer a most traditional remote design you might prefer a harmony 900 which is rf ( no line of sight required). Urc makes many similar products but they are not diy they need to be professionaly programmed by a certified dealer/ programmer .

I use irule myself with an ipad. Couldnt be any happier
post #3 of 3 Old 01-15-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info on the after market wireless remotes.

I wonder if and when TV manufacturers will go wireless. As I started looking and couldn't find anything I first thought they wanted to keep costs competitive and ir was cheaper. I'm not so sure, though. The $200 netbook I'm typing on right now came with a wireless adapter and I was able to by a wireless mouse for less than $20. Why haven't TV remotes gone wireless as an industry standard? It seems like a better technology.

The PS3 remote can also be recharged by plugging the USB cord in to the console or any device with a USB port.

Greg
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page