Hamony & Pioneer AVR1021 Remote Mode 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-21-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Problem & Question:
Does anyone know how to program the Harmony remote for the Pioneer AVR Remote Control Mode 2 (pages 52 and 68 of manual for Pioneer remote & AVR setup).

What I've tried:
I've tried to use the Harmony "verify code" option like I do for the different DTV box codes, but that did not work and the Harmony kept using the Remote Mode 1. I tried to "learn" all of the Remote Mode 2 commands, but I do not know how to teach the harmony only "power on" instead of "power toggle". I tried to set up the Harmony software to only use the AVR "power toggle" only, but I am having issues. Whenever I try to power up the system by starting an activity, the Pio AVR never powers up. I have to hit help and go through a series of question until it gets to "is Pio on?", to which I respond "no" and it turns it on. It works like this every time... It powers the AVR off everytime when I kill the system. I have also increased the delay to the AVR power to 4000ms.

My Setup & why I need Mode 2:
My new Pioneer AVR 1021 is in the basement with all of my DTV boxes and a 3x5 component switcher, all of which is controlled by a couple of Harmony remotes. I have another AVR1018 in my bonus room theater which uses the same Remote Mode 1. I use four (4) Next Gen Remote Extender batteries to talk to two (2) Remote Extender base stations - 1 in basement and 1 for theater equipment. This gives me full control of all equipment through all Harmony remotes without line of site. It is close to working perfect once I can get by this powering on issue.

Thanks for any input you may have.
Ed
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page