Harmony One with Nextgen RC extender?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am looking at the Harmony remotes and saw a good price on the Harmony One. I need an RF control as my components are in a second room. I currently use the NexGen RC extender with my cable box remote and have had pretty good luck with it. I was wondering if I could use the NexGen with the Harmony One and save myself some $$ by not having to step up to the 900. Any thoughts on this?? Thanks! Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-19-2012, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Nope. The One uses a rechargeable battery pack. The NextGen requires use of regular batteries.

post #3 of 7 Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thats what I needed to know! Thanks!!
post #4 of 7 Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well idiot me just got bit by this one. I bought the Nextgen RC extender (and the 3-eye accessory) without even looking to see if it was compatible with my Harmony One battery pack. Argghh.... And I was so excited about the possiblity of accessing my components that are not in a direct line of sight.

Anyone know of a solution for the Harmony One? Are there wireless IR extenders - something I could put next to the TV but would transmit an IR signal to a distant component case? If so, suggestions/recommendations? Thanks.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by petes457 View Post

Anyone know of a solution for the Harmony One? Are there wireless IR extenders - something I could put next to the TV but would transmit an IR signal to a distant component case? If so, suggestions/recommendations? Thanks.

Will this work for ya? http://sewelldirect.com/IR-Injector-Kit-For-HDMI.asp

post #6 of 7 Old 07-29-2012, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow...another little awesome concept -- that unfortunately won't work for me. I have a 50" Pioneer plasma on my wall that has a single proprietary data cable that runs behind my wall to a separate Pioneer component in my cabinet that controls all the TV functions, i.e., power on/off, input switching, etc. Pioneer was the only company I know of back in 2006/2007 when I bought the TV that did it this way. But bottom line is I want to aim my remote at the TV (since that is logical and its line of sight is accessible to people in various parts of the room) and send the IR signals to my component cabinet that is arkwardly placed for IR contact. And unfortunately my Pioneer TV does not have HDMI in the back.

Love the idea though. Thanks. I'll remember this little device if I ever need it for another application.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by petes457 View Post

Well idiot me just got bit by this one. I bought the Nextgen RC extender (and the 3-eye accessory) without even looking to see if it was compatible with my Harmony One battery pack. Argghh.... And I was so excited about the possiblity of accessing my components that are not in a direct line of sight.

This one should work fine with the Harmony One > http://www.amazon.com/X10-Powermid-PM5900-Control-Extender/dp/B00023KG40/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343672116&sr=1-5&keywords=ir+extender

Vin
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page