Nevermind I fixed it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 03-21-2012, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Check out this post at Remote Central which tells how to program many Vizio discretes (if your TV supports them).

Use setup code 11758. Here's a newer link to the 9XX Commands instructions.
post #3 of 18 Old 03-21-2012, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 370
DVD button??? Isn't your TV on the TV button? Also, you can't put EFCs on the device buttons. Pick a different button and try again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 Old 03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Since you got it working in TV mode, now try a simple key copy like this:

Hold Setup for 2 blinks
TAP 9 9 4.
TAP TV
TAP Video Source
TAP CBL
TAP Video Source (2 Blinks for success)

post #5 of 18 Old 03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
You can't map an efc to key, and then keymove it to another device, it has to done in one operation:

1. press tv device
2. press and hold SETUP for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 4
4. tap SETUP for one blink
5. enter efc
6. press CBL device
7. pick a key
post #6 of 18 Old 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

It makes sense that the EFCs would only work in TV mode. But you should be able to key move it to CBL mode. Maybe Channel Lock is messing it up. Try disabling that, then do your steps in post #5 again. If successful, you can then try to re-enable it. See 973 in the instructions linked earlier for channel lock.

post #7 of 18 Old 03-22-2012, 02:16 PM

It's important to understand that an EFC works in the context of a setup code. In the Cable device mode, tapping Setup followed by some EFC will send an IR signal with the IR protocol used by the Cable box (probably General Instruments, if it is a Motorola box). It won't be the IR protocol used by the Vizio (NEC1 device 4). So it won't be recognized by the TV.

I'll experiment tonight and provide you with a definite set of steps to try (although I think edited post # 5 has already got it right). Just to be sure, which EFC works in TV device mode to do the desired action with HDMI? 00174? Which button would you like to send this command in Cable mode? Video source?
post #8 of 18 Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 PM

I don't have your remote, but I did try this with a Comcast remote, which has both channel lock and cable setup lock. Both features were enabled. I assigned 00174 to PIP On/Off using 11758 on TV, and used your post #5 to assign 00174 using TV as the From device and CBL as the To device, to the PIP On/Off button and to the number 1 button. TV with PIP On/Off and CBL with PIP On/Off or button 1 all shot NEC1 device 4, EFC 00174, as expected.

In CBL mode, the CBL button lights when sending these signals, even though a TV-based EFC has been assigned. So please try the steps in post #5 again, making sure that the remote blinks twice after you tap the Video Source button. This indicates that the remote has accepted your programming. If the resulting signal doesn't work, try a different button besides Video Source.
post #9 of 18 Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM

At this point, we probably need to do some experiments, assuming you have an appetite to continue on. It would help if you can blink back the setup code that you're using on the CBL button (990) and also blink back the signature of the remote (983). Probably the signature is 3065. I'd also like to know the brand and model number of the cable box.
post #10 of 18 Old 03-23-2012, 02:44 PM

2026 by itself is unlikely to be the signature. Would you mind checking again, but use buttons 1 through 5. A 5 digit signature of 2026x is a possibility. But to be honest, I would have expected 3065, since that is the signature from other Charter C4000 remotes.
post #11 of 18 Old 03-23-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

That's not the C4000 we're familiar with. Do you see a picture of it HERE? They may have changed the internals.

If it's a new model, key moves may not work at all. So I'd start shopping for a universal. The RCA RCRP05B is cheap and will do everything you need using the same codes posted already. Harmony will too, but is more expensive.

post #12 of 18 Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Not a problem. The S and C are identical except for a couple of buttons. But the signature indicates the processor is different than the older versions of these models. So we don't know if key moves even work on this new version. Apparently not.

post #13 of 18 Old 03-23-2012, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Unless you get 2 blinks, it didn't work. Make sure you're doing it fast enough. There shouldn't be more than a second or so between button presses. In step 4, substitute Setup 00174, pressing the buttons as quickly as possible.

post #14 of 18 Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM

I have an Atlas 1056B01 which is also called a OCAP-5. Yours is also called a OCAP-4, since it is a 4 device remote. Following steps 1-7 in your last post did allow me to successfully place EFC 00174 on the Video Source button. I then checked with a JP1 remote, and pressing Video Source in cable mode did send EFC 00174. And it continued to do so.

May I ask that you use a little more precision in your posts? For example, you wrote
Quote:

However, when I change back to TV, or shut it off, it goes back to doing nothing.

Shut what off? The TV? What does doing nothing mean? Tapping Video Source while in Cable mode?
Of course you know what you mean. But we're not there, and we are left guessing.
post #15 of 18 Old 03-24-2012, 01:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
The 7 steps I wrote, you start in the tv device and after the 7 steps you are still in the tv device. You would have to chose CBL device to see if you were successful.

But it looks like this particular model of remote doesn't do keymoves.

to test, try keymoving the #1 key to #2 key in the tv device, outcome having two #1 keys:

1. tv
2. press and hold SETUP for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 4
4. press #1 key
5. press #2 key
post #16 of 18 Old 03-24-2012, 08:33 AM

An Atlas 1056B03, which uses the processor type apparently found in this C4000, shoots EFC 00090 in TV mode (11758) on Video Source. I suppose that Travis would have noticed if Video Source brought up HDMI in TV mode even before any EFCs were entered. So I guess that some parts of keymoves do work.

Travis, when checking keymoves as Edmund suggests, make sure Channel Lock is off.
post #17 of 18 Old 03-24-2012, 11:25 AM

In post 7, the remote was put into TV mode in step 1. Then steps 2 and 3 put the remote into programming mode. It stays in programming mode until step 7 was finished and the remote either blinks twice or gives a long blink. At that point it reverts to ordinary operation sending IR signals in TV mode (the last device mode it was in before programming started.

It is possible that the remote only allows keymoves between buttons in a single device mode. However, if that were the case, I wouldn't expect that the remote would blink twice after trying to program a keymove using a "to" device.
post #18 of 18 Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisdanielson View Post

Will this remote actually be able to do it?
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmo.../ref=pd_cp_e_0
Edit: I guess that remote has input switching problems too.

Will the logitech 650 do it? Also what does clamshell mean? Is it a type of shipping box or something else that only amazon does, or does it make a difference?

I've confirmed that the harmony database has all input commands for your TV. So any model will work. I would not recommend the model you linked however due to it's extremely limited macro capability. I would get the 600 at a minimum. But the other remote suggestions I made earlier in the thread are more affordable than harmony. Since you can send the correct command from your remote in TV mode, any learning remote will work fine.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page