IcontrolAV2 on IOS (Ipad / Iphone) devices. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I'm trying to gauge what experiences people are having with AVControl, but on Ipad only please!!! Mine does not work, and there is no way to send feedback from the appstore. I have phoned Pioneer who tell me that the app works fine as noone else has reported any problems!!

Problems I am having are with VSX LX55 and BDP BD55. IcontrolAV2 will find these devices when the app is first launched, and will stay connected as long as the Ipad is 'awake'. However if I move to another app or let the Ipad go dark, then when I go back to the app the connection with either or both devices is lost, requiring me to reconnect (in settings). It's almost like the app does not expect to be multi-tasked.

I suspect the problem is with the app but Pioneer deny this, so I really need feedback from other users --- please no comments about how this does not support former Pioneer gear, or from Android users (I have tried it and it works). If this app is genuinely broken I am hoping to gather enough evidence to go back to Pionner with. Alternatively, if anyone can give me help to get it working, I would much appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-14-2012, 05:18 AM

Hi,andrewmk. Ever since I downloaded this app it works fine for days then suddenly I get the message can't find device.Sometimes I get it to work again by deleting and re-installing the app, but not always.It's such a shame as it''s a cool app when it works.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-20-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
I've been using iControl AV2 from both my Ipad and Iphone for some time and it works great sadly it only controls my PE AVR. I would love to have some "I" solution that ran everything else in the rack and my PJ! (don't think there is anything out there however so I'm looking at using perhaps a URC remote and putting the iControlAV2 on the shelf).

Cheers
Calvin
post #4 of 8 Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calv1n View Post

I've been using iControl AV2 from both my Ipad and Iphone for some time and it works great sadly it only controls my PE AVR. I would love to have some "I" solution that ran everything else in the rack and my PJ! (don't think there is anything out there however so I'm looking at using perhaps a URC remote and putting the iControlAV2 on the shelf).

Cheers
Calvin

Have you checked out iRule www.iruleathome.com with some Global Cache iTachs?
That's what I'm using and it is great.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-25-2012, 01:48 PM

I am having the same problem. Currently I am running an SC-55, VSX-51 and VSX-50 and can get some of the devices to work intermittently, but I can't figure out what the issue is. I have the same issue when using either the iPad or the iPhone. The iPad is more consistent, but still not very good. Like others have said, when the app is working it is great!

HELP…
post #6 of 8 Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM

I have the same problem with a VSX 1122. But in my case I was never able to connect iPhone or iPad to the receiver. They just never find the receiver. I tried enabling the DMZ zone in my router (D-Likn X-Treme Duo) but nothing happened.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM

I downloaded the app last night and it won't let me log onto pandora it says its not allowed with that app !!?? Can anyone else log on to pandora ?? Also I have direct tv box is there anyway of turning that on with this app ?

Thanks,
Chuck
post #8 of 8 Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 AM

I have sc-61 receiver and pioneer elite bdp-62 DVD player and I have them both running on the iPad app (icontrolav2012) and got it all working for the most part except cant figure out how to turn power on/off on the blue ray player ????? Works fine on the receiver after I turned the receiver to standby mode I believe like the manual said but I can't figure out the blue ray player !!!????
Thanks for your help !
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player , Pioneer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page