Remote Programming Newbie Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-11-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to key move some commands to a Comcast remote. I just purchased a Marantz SR6006 receiver and would like to be able to assign the BD input to a key on the Comcast remote. On other threads I found the EFCs for power and volume, but I cannot locate the input EFCs. Marantz provides a spreadsheet of all the "discrete" IR codes, but there is no column identifying EFCs. Is there a way to find a listing of all the EFCs? The spreadsheet has the remote codes in RC-5/RC-5 ex. format and hex codes. Is there anyway to discern the ECF from those codes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Yes. Since you have a partially working setup code you're nearly there. Search that code HERE and note the protocol (probably RC-5), device and subdevice. Download and install Remote Master (RM) and it's associated RDF files and Map and Image files from HERE. Open RM and create a new device upgrade file for your model remote and enter the details noted in your earlier search. On the functions tab, enter the hex codes you found in the hex column (or decimal versions in the OBC column), and the EFC's will be calculated for you.

If the codes you're talking about are pronto hex format, instead download IRTool, decode the pronto hex, and the EFCs will be calculated for you.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very helpful information. Thank you. I attempted to do as you instructed but ran into a bit of an interesting issue. I have different hex code combinations that are grouping to the same EFC code. I am trying to program two input sources to the Comcast remote. On the IR list, it provides different hex codes, but when I put them in RM it spits out the same EFC for both input sources. Do I have the software configured wrong or is it possible that there are not distinct EFC codes for some functions? Or is there an entirely different explanation?
post #4 of 4 Old 04-15-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 283
That's not possible. Start a new thread in the JP1 forum and post your files and codes.

EDIT: I see from your new thread you had confused pronto hex with OBC hex codes. Pronto hex must be converted before it can be used in RM.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page