PC DVD TV Multimedia Remote (chiense ) review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently broke my remote for my htpc it was a Logitech-Harmony 900 Universal Remote Control. The replacement was from foucal price.

PC DVD TV Multimedia Remote

I can tell you i wasn't expecting much but i was pleasantly surprised. The remote not only worked with my windows 7 mce htpc. But it also could set it for different programs. Like Power DVD, but the best feature by far was the mouse moving pad. I know it sounds funny put it helped a lot when a program would crash and you want to just close it before you had to look for keyboard but now i just mouse over it and close it out i love this thing. Am going to post some more pics so you can see. And just so you know these aren't my pictures they just look better than the ones i took. sorry. I forgot the best part it was only 10 bucks and the shipping was free. lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 352
I concur, sort of. I used that model for years and recommended it to others (of course the included remote doesn't get used much since learning the commands to my universal). But I recently switched to the MobileMouse app for iOS/Android. It's a far better (and cheaper) solution in every way. There's no going back for me. It's extremely sophisticated, and the touch pad is infinitely better than the directional mouse pad on the remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks i wasn't sure what people would say about this , a lot of people on her have high tech gear and o know this isn't the highest tech but it works great.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I got that same unit for $7 bucks with free shipping... so I think you got ripped off!!! lol, jk.

I bought it cause I needed a cheap IR dongle for a HTPC, and I agree that it works great for the price and purpose. Like mdavej said though, the available network remote control apps are much better as far as performance, even cost.

Still it's worth getting for a universal remote control option for controlling one's pc and learning commands if need be.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page