Requesting discrete power code for Humax VM HD-1000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I am looking for discrete power codes for the Humax VM HD-1000 set top box.

I have the Xsight 18 touch and the RCRP05B remote to teach it. After the great help I got from 3FingeredGlove and mdavej, I confirmed that Cable 1109 is working (power, numerals etc.) with the Humax.

I would appreciate if 3FG or mdavej or anyone can help me to teach the discrete to the Xsight remote.

Thanks in advance.
steve.black is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 04-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
3FingeredGlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
It probably doesn't have discrete power commands.

You can look for them by trying every EFC from 00000 to 00255.
3FingeredGlove is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 04-22-2012, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FingeredGlove View Post

It probably doesn't have discrete power commands.

You can look for them by trying every EFC from 00000 to 00255.

Thanks 3FG

No discrete could be disappointing. Trying 50 codes at a time and keeping the remotes crossed

May be I am being silly and is not relevant to the discussion here but Remote Central has the 4 discrete codes listed under Humax DVR here:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...r=humax&dv=dvr

Is there any chance this might work for the cable set top box? If so how do I use the hex codes?
steve.black is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Senior Member
 
3FingeredGlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I used IRScope to decode the Pronto hex signals.

Off #1 is NEC1 0.48 OBC 128
Off #2 is NEC1 0.49 OBC 128
Off #3 is NEC1 0.65 OBC 128
On is NEC1 0.48 OBC 3
For comparison, setup code CBL 1109 shoots NEC1 0.16.

The RCRP05B can send Off #1 and On. Use setup code CBL 1790 and EFCs 00189 and 00187.

You can find candidates for setup codes that match the decodes using the Lookup Tool.
3FingeredGlove is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FingeredGlove View Post

I used IRScope to decode the Pronto hex signals.

Off #1 is NEC1 0.48 OBC 128
Off #2 is NEC1 0.49 OBC 128
Off #3 is NEC1 0.65 OBC 128
On is NEC1 0.48 OBC 3
For comparison, setup code CBL 1109 shoots NEC1 0.16.

The RCRP05B can send Off #1 and On. Use setup code CBL 1790 and EFCs 00189 and 00187.

You can find candidates for setup codes that match the decodes using the Lookup Tool.

Thanks for the guidance 3FG.

I don't know I comprehended fully, but I think I have understood enough to test. Let me try this and will post the results here. Thanks a lot.
steve.black is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just one quick doubt (and apologies if it sound stupid)....

I used the Lookup Tool to search using following criteria

Type - Cable
Setup ID - 1790
Remote - RCRP05B

It showed a single result (NEC1 0.48 Device and now I understood why mentioned RCRP05B can send Off#1 and On.) and when I clicked on the EFC's link on the result, EFC 00187 function is given as Num 1 and there is no mention of EFC 00189. I was thinking it would show Function Power Off for 00189 and Power On for 00187.

Is my understanding correct? I hope I am not bothering you, I am just trying to figure out what is what and how you deduced above EFC codes, if its is not from the Lookup Tool.

Sorry if this sounds too inane...

Thanks again for the help.
steve.black is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok I found these two codes at Remote Central Forum. Again for a different model, but I am going to try them a well


New Discrete Codes for the HUMAX HDR-7500T PVR

Power On:
HUMAX KEY CODE: 0x7A
0000 006D 0022 0002 0155 00AB 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0717 0155 0055 0015 0E34

Power Off:
HUMAX KEY CODE: 0x7B
0000 006D 0022 0002 0155 00AB 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0717 0155 0055 0015 0E34

IR Scope resolved it to

Power On NEC1 0.16 OBC 122
Poer off NEC1 0.16 OBC 123

Now I have to see Look this up. Anyway I also need to try out earlier codes.
steve.black is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,616
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 320
^^^

OBC 122 and 123 are EFC 00007 and 00011.
mdavej is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Senior Member
 
DaveGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FingeredGlove View Post

It probably doesn't have discrete power commands.

You can look for them by trying every EFC from 00000 to 00255.

Couldn't this kind of feature be written into iRule or roomie etc etc? That seems like it could really be helpful no?

Perhaps a feature write in request could be in order.

The way I'd see it working would be to in done in auto running blocks of 25 or maybe selectable ranges... Where you could choose a start and finish range and it would just start brut forcing each code one by one with a reasonable delay. When something happened that you were looking for a tap would stop the action and show the last code sent. Then you could see if it was actually the code.. Say a discrete ON or OFF or was it just a silly toggle version.

I guess it depends on how frequently 'hidden' IR codes are left in by the engineers but unutilized by the remote control. If its commen then it could really pay off.
DaveGee is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,616
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Our free JP1 software has this feature (called a War Dialer) and will send such codes directly to Global Cache, IRTrans or LIRC hardware. See THIS thread.

There are some complications though. This works fine on codes limited to one byte (00-FF), but 2 byte codes obviously go a heck of a lot higher than 255. And codes that have different combinations of device and subdevice codes, the possibilities get into the millions pretty quickly. There's also the possibility of stumbling upon a service codes that can wipe or brick your device. So there is some risk.
mdavej is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Senior Member
 
3FingeredGlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Steve,
I use RemoteMaster to convert function numbers to EFCs. In RM, select the protocol that matches the entry in the Lookup Tool, and make sure that the Fixed Data is an exact match. Then on the Functions tab, enter the function number (OBC) in to the OBC column, and RM will calculate the EFC.
3FingeredGlove is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FingeredGlove View Post

I used IRScope to decode the Pronto hex signals.

Off #1 is NEC1 0.48 OBC 128
Off #2 is NEC1 0.49 OBC 128
Off #3 is NEC1 0.65 OBC 128
On is NEC1 0.48 OBC 3
For comparison, setup code CBL 1109 shoots NEC1 0.16.

The RCRP05B can send Off #1 and On. Use setup code CBL 1790 and EFCs 00189 and 00187.

You can find candidates for setup codes that match the decodes using the Lookup Tool.


Above EFCs on CBL 1790 did not work
steve.black is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.black View Post

Ok I found these two codes at Remote Central Forum. Again for a different model, but I am going to try them a well


New Discrete Codes for the HUMAX HDR-7500T PVR

Power On:
HUMAX KEY CODE: 0x7A
0000 006D 0022 0002 0155 00AB 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0717 0155 0055 0015 0E34

Power Off:
HUMAX KEY CODE: 0x7B
0000 006D 0022 0002 0155 00AB 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0717 0155 0055 0015 0E34

IR Scope resolved it to

Power On NEC1 0.16 OBC 122
Poer off NEC1 0.16 OBC 123

Now I have to see Look this up. Anyway I also need to try out earlier codes.

It look like RCRP05B cannot do NEC1 0.16 from the Lookup tool. Am I correct in this assumption?

I even tried CBL 0863, 1176, 1568, 1648 and 1670 (a lookup for Humax for Cable yielded these which match NEC1 0.16) and the remote rejected them all.

May be you are right in that this Humax STB may not have a discrete after all.

Anyway the learning was fun and that's what matters. Thanks for educating me, 3FG and mdavej.

I will keep trying.. Will try the Remote Master Software as well..
steve.black is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

^^^

OBC 122 and 123 are EFC 00007 and 00011.

Thanks..

What would be the Setup ID for these, please? I even tried CBL 0863, 1176, 1568, 1648 and 1670, but remote is not accepting this (single blink as opposed to double blink). I got into the assumption RCRP05B may not be able to do NEC1 0.16.. I could easily be wrong..
steve.black is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,616
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.black View Post

Thanks..

What would be the Setup ID for these, please? I even tried CBL 0863, 1176, 1568, 1648 and 1670, but remote is not accepting this (single blink as opposed to double blink). I got into the assumption RCRP05B may not be able to do NEC1 0.16.. I could easily be wrong..

The setup code for NEC1 0.16 on the RCA is CBL 1109.
mdavej is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
steve.black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

The setup code for NEC1 0.16 on the RCA is CBL 1109.

Thanks for correcting me. Have a lot more to learn. Anyway 00007 and 00011 on CBL 1109 did not work either

The manual 'war dialing' on 1109 continues and that strange look on my wife's face says this is something better be automated as DaveGee suggested
steve.black is offline  
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off