Program Denon Remote to operate ATV2? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-29-2012, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, I'm new to these great forums. I just took possession of a new Denon 1912 AVR to pair with my equally new Sony XBR HX929 55" TV. I managed to muddle through most of the manual for the Denon and have all my components running through the Receiver with HDMI and a single out to the TV. I also managed to get the remote for the Denon to operate my Blue Ray player, my satellite box and of course the TV itself.

However, I also have my Apple TV2 connected to the Receiver (I used the unused DVD input and renamed it Apple TV).

The ATV works great through the Receiver, but I was wondering if there is a way to program the Denon 1912 Remote to operate the ATV, or am I stuck using the little ATV remote? When I go though the Remote Setup I don't see any option for ATV. Is this possible to do using one of the other device choices?

Not a huge deal, but I would really like to have the Denon remote control everything if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
This is one of the areas I believe Apple did a very good job with. You can actually program your Denon remote to any device, and the Apple TV 2 can learn to respond to those particular codes.

First program your remote to a device that uses all of the buttons the ATV2 needs. Then under Settings, go to General, and then Remote. There will be an option for the ATV2 to learn a remote. Follow the steps.

There are more detailed instructions here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3296
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks! Yep, that worked like a charm!
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page