New XFINITY (Comcast) TV XR2 Remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys - First to anyone who reads this...thanks for all of the great information on this forum. I'm a newbie, but I have been reading for years and this site is the best resource on the web...period.

That said...do you guys know anything ("insider" info) about the new Comcast remote coming out soon?

I am in the process of building my first mancave and just got to the point of "where to put my devices" when I was debating hiding or show the equipment. As you know the RF game becomes in play if I want to hide my gear and I have seen/and heard lots about issues with Comcast boxes, universal remotes and RF.

Could this be the solution?

Here's the link I found:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and...ity-tv-remote/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 287
No insider info here, but it sounds very similar to the UEI remotes just released for Dish Network boxes. I have such a remote, and the RF works great. Satellite companies have been using RF remotes for years. The protocol used for pairing and programming from the STB are fairly new. Those features also work very well.

All that being said, the comcast remote will still just control your cable box via RF and everything else via IR. So it's a partial solution. Hopefully it will also be a JP1.4 or JP2 remote so it could be programmed from a PC as well.

Also realize you'll need a new cable box to support it. If you want full RF control of everything, I'd say skip this remote and just go ahead and get an RF universal remote or at least a Next Generation RF system.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks mdavej :thumbs up:
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page