Request for info on IP control for current Panasonic TVs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I would like to configure IP control for my Panasonic TC-P60GT50 TV through my Redeye control setup. I have tried the Viera remote control application and it is very functional showing IP works nicely. My plan is to integrate a few commands into my startup/shutdown sequences and have some other functions available using my Redeye control. Currently I am using IR, but want to switch to IP.

I was wondering if anyone could provide or point me to information describing Panasonic's IP protocol used on these TVs. I have seen various info on attempts to do this, but my programming skills are dated so I really could use some help on the basics - protocol, path, command structure, port, and possibly code/key strings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 370
There are a lot of panny IP commands documented HERE for blu-ray players. You may be able to start there and figure out the ones for a tv or at least contact the members involved to see if they have found them. I was involved in the blu-ray command reverse engineering a little, but don't know what the tv codes would be.

Good luck. If you find a solution, please post it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

I have come across info on the Panny BD players and also code sections for controlling a tv, but I have not gotten anything to work just yet. The Redeye folks want protocol info before they will assist - otherwise they are very helpful.

Networking was never a discipline of mine so using scanning software to find the open port on the TV has failed me. I assume it would be 8080, but I can't verify it.

Thanks for the response and if I get some good info, I will certainly post.
post #4 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 03:01 PM

Liked: 11
Not sure if you are open to a change of system, but the Panasonic TV IP control is all built-in to Roomie. Trying to reverse engineer and implement the network protocol yourself sounds like a lot of work when you could just have it working.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

I wanted a control setup that could utilize our Android phones, pc and mac laptops ... otherwise I would have looked closely at Roomie and some other solutions. Certainly would have been nice to have the solution as part of the suite.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did you ever make any headway with this? I'm trying to do the same exact thing with my Panasonic TV and Redeye device.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread - P60gt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page