Onkyo TX-NR809 Compatible Codes for MX-950? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys -
Not to date myself here, but I still have and love my MX-950. Unfortunately, the poor guy's lifecycle is all but over and it hasn't been updated in a couple years. I'm wondering if anybody has suggestions for getting my MX-950 to play nice with my new Onkyo TX-NR809.

I could manually use the learning functions from the other remote, but I seem to have troubles getting my MX-950 to handle long key presses well when using the learning feature, and the remote included with the TX-NR809 doesn't have a discreet off button for easy device manipulation.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-26-2012, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Is there any chance somebody might be able to provide me with the pronto code ccf file or URC MX-950 compatible code file for the TX-NR809 or the RC-810M remote?
post #3 of 10 Old 05-26-2012, 01:33 PM

Google is your friend. Also try the database at Remote Central.
post #4 of 10 Old 05-26-2012, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

I have spent days searching. :-/

Remote Central is great, but is lacking CCF (or other MX-950 compatible) files for the TX-NR809.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-26-2012, 05:51 PM

You sure about that?

Discrete Onkyo IR codes: http://files.remotecentral.com/libra...kyo/index.html

Link in the second post has a very large database of IR codes, including the 809: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...hread.cgi?6268
post #6 of 10 Old 05-26-2012, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Woh! w00t! Thank you so much! Now I just need to figure out how to convert these into a ccf file so that I can import them with the universal browser, which unfortunately does not accept pasted pronto codes.

Out of curiosity, how did you manage that so quickly? I hunted left and right on Remote Central and just about everywhere else under the sun. Were you just searching for Onkyo codes generically? Those links didn't specifically mention the TX-NR809, which might be why I didn't find them.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-26-2012, 09:10 PM

You can copy and paste hex codes directly using the universal browser, assuming you're using CCP.

Regarding finding the codes, for the first link I just browsed the discrete database on Remote Central. The second one I found by googling for Onkyo generically, or maybe it was Integra since they seem to use the same codes. It can be tough to find individual models since there are so many of them but they pretty much all use the same codes as far as I can tell.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-26-2012, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

CCP doesn't support the MX-950 (unless you have a great workaround for that, too!), and the version of the Universal Browser that I have with the MX-950 editor doesn't support pasting hex codes. I've heard earlier versions did, and apparently CCP does, but not the MX-950 editor.

It would be great if I could import these codes en mass and export them to CCF since it would take a pretty hefty chunk of time to manually copy over all the supported codes into [a ccf editor here], export them to CCF, and then manually configure my MX-950 for 3 zones in the Universal Browser.

Do you have any software recommendations or preferences for CCF creation/editing?

Also, thank you tremendously for your help.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Sorry I've never used a 950. I'm actually pretty new to CCP and URC stuff in general just learning the ropes, but URC seems to keep their stuff pretty well locked down so I doubt there is a way to hack CCP to allow the 950.

There is an onkyo 805 ccf file from Remote Central here: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...=&au=&le=&pg=2

I opened it up with the ccf extractor editor in the wiki here http://www.etcwiki.org/wiki/Open_CCF_Files and it seems it will display the commands present in the file as well as let you edit the hex values. Looks like there are a bunch of other tools linked from that wiki that might be more advanced. I think your best bet would be to find a pre made ccf file from remote central that has all the commands you need then edit them with your onkyo commands, hopefully that 805 file works but they have lots of others.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-01-2012, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips! I'll see what I can pull together.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr809
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page