AVS Forum banner

Harmony 880 vs Harmony 700 vs Harmony One

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tokerblue 
#1 ·
I have an 880 and I don't necessarily 'love' that I use in my master bedroom to control lights, tv, cable box and DVD player. Considering a 700 vs. One. Looking at the layout of each I think I would prefer either over the button layout on the 880. I will be controlling a display, AVR, cable box, and PS3 (already have logitech PS3 adapter). Any thoughts? I have read some negative reviews regarding the One and battery issues and the 700 has two easily replaceable AA batts.

#3 ·
I like the 700, been using one for about 2 years with no problems. It doesn't have a touch screen but rather hard buttons to the sides of the screen that you can use to select from the displayed items. Other than that they are pretty similar. The 700 is limited to I think 6 devices so you will need the one if you have more than that.

#4 ·
I went from the Harmony 880 to One and don't have any real complaints. Certain buttons are harder to press after two years of heavy use, but the same happened to my 880. After getting used to the slight differences in layout, I much prefer the One's layout. Both of my One's had the battery bulging issue, which Logitech fixed by sending me two new remotes. Can't complain about their customer service either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.