URC programming from Total Control Remotes (Vincent) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to give my two cents on a recent situation I found myself in regarding a URC Remote. Like most, I purchased this remote through a dealer. I was less than thrilled with the programming that went into the remote, but loved the remote potential. In other words, I spent a lot of money on a remote that really didn't do that much and I found myself looking for the original remotes a lot.

So I set out on a search on AVS Forum. I found a user that recommended I contact Vincent at Total Control Remotes. I believe he may be a member here on AVS: TotalControl. At any rate, I was very happy I reached out to him and purchased his programming of URC Remote.

The entire process from first conversation to final configuration took about 10 days. Most of that time was spent on me testing the remote, as Vincent is extremely quick and efficient on the changes asked. I was looking for four basic activities. I also wanted to have fairly substantial options of controlling my Receiver and projector as I often make changes.BUT I didn't want these buttons clouding my main activities. Lastly, I wanted full lighting control.

The initial conversation included a fairly in depth discussion of what I was looking for and if he could provide this. There was no question he could provide this, as it was actually a pretty basic configuration for him. He also assisted me in upgrading two of my switches to URC RF control so I would end up with 3 zones of lighting.

Several emails, a few phone calls, and a week later I found myself with a VERY precise configuration, which included many extras I had never even thought of (36 channel favorites, a kids page, 8 lighting scenes). I could not be happier with the final outcome. Compared to the originalwell, lets not even go there!

He also provided me a very easy way to upload the configuration to the remote. It saved me taking a trip to my local dealer for changes when needed. Also, I purchased his programming warranty so when I make upgrades or changes to my home theater he is right there with updated remote configurations.

If you are looking for an outside source' to do the programming of your URC remote because you just aren't satisfied do not hesitate to contact Vincent. You won't be sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-06-2012, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Wow. I was expecting a long rant about how URC doesn't directly provide its software to end users and how you are switching to Harmony. Glad you unlocked the power of your URC.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page