Harmony 1100 - Need help with power on delays - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-06-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having an extremely difficult time programming a "power on delay" between my TV (Mitsubishi WD-65837) and my AV Receiver (Denon AVR-2312CI). My TV needs about 15 seconds to warm up before I turn on my receiver. If I turn on the Denon to soon, I get SNOW. I'm not sure why... I think someone called it a HDMI Handshake issue (not sure what that means).
I sent a support question to Logitech and they said that I would need to pay for advanced programming.
Is this really advanced programming? I don't understand why I can't do this myself.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? Press the "Watch TV" button... it powers on the TV... waits 15 seconds... then turns on the receiver..

I paid a lot of money for my 1100 w/RF extender... and now they want me to pay for advanced programming... this really ercks me!

Thanks in advance!
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If using the 7.7 software, select Devices, TV, Settings, Adjust the delays, change the Power On Delay to 15000, save, and update the remote.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-07-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post

If using the 7.7 software, select Devices, TV, Settings, Adjust the delays, change the Power On Delay to 15000, save, and update the remote.
trust me when I say I've done this... I've even tried 60000 ms Power On delay... the Denon receiver still kicks on about 5-6 seconds after the tv powers on.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 AM

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm having the same problem with my projector and Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver. I get a blue screen when everything powers up but then I just cycle the power on the receiver and everything is okay. I simply want the remote to wait 50 seconds (startup time of the projector) before telling the receiver to turn on.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
The way a Harmony remote works is that it turns on all devices for a given activity in whatever order you set in the software, one after the other. You can not set it up to turn on one device then wait 15 seconds before turning on another. The "Power On Delay" refers to the amount of time a device will be given to "warm-up" before it is able to accept another command (i.e. INPUT).

Example:

Samsung TV (8 sec power on delay)
Motorola Cable Box
Yamaha Receiver (4 sec power on delay)

The Watch TV macro would function like this.

1. TV On
2. Cable On
3. Yamaha On
4. (4 sec delay) Yamaha input "xxx"
5. (8 sec delay) TV input "xxx"

There is no way to do what you need to do with a Harmony unless you want to do some serious tweaking and testing. The easiest fix would be to add a "Receiver Power Toggle" to each activity then manually cycle the power, or use the help button.

post #6 of 6 Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Murphy. I had thought of that, but the Spouse acceptance factor on that solution wasn't high enough for me. Fortunately, I already had an HDMI 4x2 Matrix switch that I used before I got the new receiver, so I hooked that up between the receiver and the projector and the handshaking is working fine. It seems that the receiver sees the switch just fine and doesn't worry about the projector, and the switch is much more robust than the receiver at handshaking with the projector.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 1100 Remcontrol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page