Harmony 700 won't control Onkyo TX-SR705 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone had trouble getting a Harmony 700 to control an Onkyo receiver?

I have 2 Onkyo receivers - a TX-SR705 which does most of my work, and an older TX-SV636 which is only there to power a pair of bass shakers.

My Harmony 700 won't power on the TX-SR705. I'd tried everything and have no hair left to pull out. What now?

The Harmony 700 is find controlling the TX-SV636, but just won't power on the TX-SR705. I've been through the help functions on the remote. It asks repeatedly if the TX-SR705 has been powered on. I keep answering "no". And all the remote does is cycle power on the TX-SV636.

I have tried controlling the TX-SR705 with an activity button on the Hamrony 700 and also through a device menu on the Harmony 700. Neither work.

I am configuring the Harmony 700 through the web interface. One oddity here is that the software download (Windows 7) there for configuring with software instead of the web - doesn't install. I run through the install and the installer just disappears. It leaves no icon on my desktop or Start->Programs for running any Harmony setup. My control panel tells me that Logitech Harmony software is on the computer. There's just no place to launch the application.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

I think the software install was just for a driver, and not for remote config software.

30 minutes into a tech support call with Logitech. Still nothing. Ugh.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

I used to have a Harmony 880 (which would no longer charge the internal battery) and it had no problems with all these devices that I am trying to control. Strange.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Got a solution. The bad news is, I still don't know what the problem is.

I downloaded their config software from their website. I logged in and lo and behold....it still has the setup from my old Harmony 880 remote which I no longer have. That old setup was already setup to do everything I want my Harmony 700 to do.

So all I had to do was go into that software and change there remote from Harmony 880 to Harmony 700. It works!

Still no clue what went wrong unless its that the web config interface just doesn't work for a Onkyo TX-SR705. I'm not about to delete all my devices and re-add them. I'm not going to break what's no broken.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr705 Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page