Niles Audio IRemote rechargeable battery replacement? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have looked everywhere...

I have a Niles audio system in my home. I have 2 IRemote controllers with docking stations. Very nice. they allow me to roam the house and have my music follow.

However, one of them has a battery that no longer is holding a charge. Straight from the label on the battery:

McNair
MC0000363 Ni-MH
MCCG-H@000AALX2-0363
Ni_MH 2.4V 2000mAh
MCA070801

So I am looking for a 2.4volt 2000mAh rechargeable battery.

2 AA batteries wrapped together with a "3 hole" plug that will insert into the remote.

Any idea where I might find one?

Thanks!
MOE

Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM

Did you ever find these i need three of them and cant find them anywhere
post #3 of 7 Old 12-22-2014, 10:20 AM

Niles iRemote

Guys, any nickel-metal-hydride battery with the same voltage (2.4V) and capacity (2000mAhr) should work. I found a couple on eBay. All you need to do is clip the wires from the existing battery and attach the new wires or splice the wires together with a wireless connector.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-28-2016, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Does anyone know what the middle, or third wire, is for? Is it a thermister? Balancer? If it's just a balancing wire then there are some Remingon shaver batteries that are 2.4V 2000mAh for under $10. You would need to solder the connector wires to the tabs. If it's something else I'm not sure how to handle that. I need three of these too.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-22-2017, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Interstate Batteries have them: http://www.interstatebatteries.com/p...805-2147384903

"2.4V 2200MAH NIMH NILES"

I just bought a used remote. I can get it to reset network and the base flashes (iRemote, not TS) but still says "Searching for Network", any help is appreciated.
post #6 of 7 Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Yeah thanks, I found Interstate a while ago and bought three. As for the remote, you initialized the base via hardwire first?
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaElite View Post
Yeah thanks, I found Interstate a while ago and bought three. As for the remote, you initialized the base via hardwire first?
I started by having the remote on the base as I started up the ICS software for a new config. The software found it as a master base. It then programmed and the remote rebooted 3-4 times. The remote off the base goes "Searching for Network". I held down the niles button and can confirm it gets the new data (tried changing rf channels 4-5 times).

The base is hearing the remote. When I select reset network the base light will flash. I even turned off my 2.4ghz wifi.

What channel do you use for the iremote zigbee network? What does the reset button behind the battery do? What is the correct way to reset the remote with that button (battery connected or not, etc.)? Should the ICS software see the MACID of the remote (mine doesn't, nor does the software have spot for it)?

I read the quick start guide from Niles and it is really vague. :/

Thanks PlasmaElite for all your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page