Monster AVL-300 with Sony STR-KS370, Mitsubishi WD-60737 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-24-2012, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm having some issues setting up a new Monster AVL-300 (I know there are strong opinions out there about the AVL-300). I have one in my own house and it works great. I just got one for my dad and have been trying to set it up, and am having major problems.

Here's the current setup: U-Verse Cable Box & Sony BDP-S370 BlueRay Player running through a Sony STR-KS370 Receiver (both via HDMI). The Sony Receiver then runs to the Mitsubishi WD-60737 via HDMI.

Here's the issue: From the "System Off" position, I can run the macros to "Watch TV" and "Watch BlueRay" with no issues. I can also switch from "Watch TV" to "Watch BlueRay" with no issue. The problem comes when I try to go back from "Watch BlueRay" to "Watch TV." The receiver input switches from "DVD" to "SAT/CATV", the TV shows the cable output (ie I'm watching TV), and the BlueRay player turns off--ALL TEMPORARILY. After about 3 seconds (against my wishes and without input from me!) the BlueRay Players turns back on, the receiver turns back to "DVD" and the BlueRay content is displayed on the screen.

In my estimation, there is some sort of override in the receiver, BlueRay, and/or TV.

My question is: Am I able to disable any or all of these overrides? Has anyone used the Monster AVL300 in a similar setup?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Monster Mcc Avl300 S Home Theater And Lighting Controller With Omnilink , Remotes And Controllers , Mitsubishi , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread - Avl300 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page