URC-R50 arghh Macros and switching devices - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Having some trouble with Macros. frown.gif I really wish someone would youtube video this;.

What I want to do:
If I am watching TV (cable) I want to be able to turn my Xbox 360 on (turn it on, wait a few seconds while it spins up, then have the TV switch source/input to the Xbox)

Ive programmed both the TV (a Samsung Plasma) and the Xbox into the R50 with no problems.

What I am doing:
1. Going into sub menu Advanced Setup
2. Select Macros
3. Options here are: On the Main Menu or Inside a Device.I select Inside a Device.
4. Then I select via the hard key Xbox I see REC flashing
5. I click Power On.
6. I hit Pause hard key several times

Now here is where i am unsure what to do. How do I get the Macro to recognize the jump to the other device/TV? Kinda baffled here.

Please write explicit directions if at all possible. Thanks in advance for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I don't own the URC-R50 but I've been using the URC MX-500 for 8 years and I recently bought the URC RF20 and programming macros is similar in both. Here's an example of one of my macros that I programmed into my MX-500 (Note: my system has already been powered up using the System macro which is why you're not seeing any Power On commands in the macro):

HR21 (DirecTV HD DVR) macro steps: AVR > Input Select CBL/SAT > Main > TV > Pause > Pause > T/V > Input Select 6 (HDMI) > Main > HDMI switch > Input Select 2 > Main > HR21

Assuming macro programming on the URC R50 is similar, my guess is that you're not pressing the Main button when switching devices.....might this be what you're missing?

Vin
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Urc R50 Digital Universal Remote Control For Up To 18 Components , Universal Remote Control Mx 500 10 Device Lcd Viewscreen Remote Control With Joystick Operation , Urc Mastercontrol Rf20 Universal Learning Remote W Rf Capability

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page