Harmony ONE and Pioneer VSX-60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I finally got some time to try and set up my home theater this morning, unboxed the harmony with no excitement to be spared, and wouldn't you know...houston, we have a problem. My setup consists of:

Sony 65hx929
Motorola RNG150N with comcast (ugh)
Pioneer VSX-60
PS3
Xbox360
Wii

Everything runs through ARC to the tv from the receiver, all of the components themselves are on a rack inside a closet adjacent to my TV. I bought a couple simple IR receivers hoping to be able to control the cable box and receiver from the living room. The cable box works just fine, the receiver however does not. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011009&p_id=8060&seq=1&format=2

There is an IR in jack on the back of my receiver, same as the cable box, the harmony one works line of sight to the receiver so that isn't the problem. Do I need some other brand receiver? wrong port? Would the logitech IR extender system work? I don't really feel like shelling out 100$+ on an expensive repeater system, so i'm just looking for the easiest solution here. All of the information I could find about pioneer receivers and IR extender problems was kind of confusing to me. Mono jacks compared to stereo jacks, and something about the IR port needing to be fed 5v of power because the receiver itself doesn't supply it, i'm not sure. Looking for any insight here I'd appreciate it!
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page