Need ON code for Comcast Platinum RC/Yamaha RXV-800? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Having a hell of a time finding a code that will power on the Yammy with the Comcast Platinum RC. The codes that CC give, 30176, 31176, 30354 don't work. I know that there is a code that will work as I have it on my Silver CC RC, but as that was done quite a while ago, I have no idea what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I think you need to assign a EFC keymove to get this to work. You can use either 30176 or 31176 as the setup code. The after pressing AUX:

1) Press Setup until 2 blinks
2) Enter 994 (2 blinks)
3) Tap Setup
4) Enter 00248
5) Tap the button you want to assign Power On to.
The remote should blink twice.

Power Off is 00246

You can test these before assigning by
1) Tap AUX
2) Tap Setup (don't hold it)
3) Enter 00246
The IR signal will be went when you press the 5th digit.

See the 9XX instructions for more details on ways to customize the remote.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks. Found the same post and it works. Now I'm going to try to use http://www.avsforum.com/t/1071957/comcast-dvr-3-yamaha-input-programming to enter inputs into the CC RC. Wish me luck as there will probably a lot of trial and error as I don't know which buttons can be programmed.
post #4 of 9 Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 PM

That thread refers to a different model Yamaha. Many of the device/function numbers will be shared by the two receivers, but perhaps not all. We can help if some codes don't work.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-14-2012, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

The Comcast RC is now working fairly well with my Yammy. In fact, all the numbered buttons (0-9) already have functions assigned to them. However, I only want to use some of these functions and also want to re-assign new functions to those that already exist. So, my first question is how to reassign a new function to a button that already has an assigned function. I think this is how to do it, but if I'm wrong please let me know:

Tap the yammy device button
1) Hold setup until 2 blinks
2) Enter 982 (the unlock code-?)
The remote should blink 4 times
Enter 5-digit code

mdavej has given me the pdf download site for the Yammy codes (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9582&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=website) in a PM and has suggested that I post, instead of PMing so that others will benefit. From the download there was a PDF for my Yammy RXV800, but there were two sections, Standard and Extended codes. As the latter(Extended Code) had a much more complete listing of the functions I wanted, these are the ones I will list. BTW, mdvej also suggested and gave some instruction on how to interpret the listed codes, but to tell you the truth, I had no idea on how to do it myself. So, here's the listing of what I need and hopefully they will be turned into 5-digit code that I can install on my CC RC.

FUNCTION CUSTOM CODE DATA CODE

TV Sports 7 E F 1
Spectacle 7 E F 4
Sci-Fi 7 E F 5
Adventure 7 E F 6
General 7 E F 7
Music 5-ch Stereo 7 E E F
6.1 ES ON 7 E B 8
6.1 ES OFF 7 E B 9

Thanking you in advance for your help.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-14-2012, 08:11 AM

These codes are all device 7E (126 decimal). The Comcast remote can't send these codes unless one programs it with a JP1.3 interface cable. Codes beginning with 7A (122 decimal) can usually be sent with the Comcast.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-14-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FingeredGlove View Post

These codes are all device 7E (126 decimal). The Comcast remote can't send these codes unless one programs it with a JP1.3 interface cable. Codes beginning with 7A (122 decimal) can usually be sent with the Comcast.

OK, so as i won't be getting an interface cable, and I have done some further research, it looks as though using Standard Codes for the various "DSP Program # Toggle" might work for me. Assuming that I am on the right trail, I've gone to the Yammy 800 manual and have looked up what the DSP numbers refer to (pages 55-58) and if I am right, it does appear that that I can give you the Standard Codes for the actions I want.

FUNCTION (DSP Prog #) CUSTOM CODE DATA CODE

6 ch toggle 7 A 8 7
Entertainment toggle (#5) 7 A 8 C
TV Sports toggle (#6) 7 A 8 D
Movie Theatre 1 toggle (#8) 7 A 8 F
Movie Theatre 2 toggle (#9) 7 A 9 0 (zero)
Dolby/DTS Surround (#10) 7 A 9 1

Most likely I will be applying these codes to the numbered buttons on the CC RC. But, once again, as these buttons already function (but not what I want), I would imagine that I would have to undo them first before installing the new codes. Is my method of doing this, as noted in the post above (post #5), correct? Or, can I simply overwrite the existing codes?

EDIT: Being antsy, I figured that I would try to do this myself. Googled a hexa to decimal converter and converted the wanted functions into decimal...I think I did it right. For example, I got 31373 for TV Sports and 31376 for Home Theater 2. However, when plugging these codes into unused button and used buttons that I unlocked, I kept getting the same response from the Yammy no matter which button pressed: Toggled between Spectacle and Sci-Fi, which functions under Home Theater 1. I'm now at a loss...
post #8 of 9 Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 AM

The 982 Command allows one to change the setup code on the Cable device button. It is not relevant to assigning functions. You don't need to "erase" any programming; instead you'll add an EFC which will be given higher priority than the built in function. Use the 5 step 994 procedure listed in Post #2.
hex dec EFC
87 135 00194
8C 140 00060
8D 141 00064
8F 143 00066
90 144 00125
91 145 00129
post #9 of 9 Old 07-14-2012, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well, it may have been a rocky road (at least for me), but I now have things working as I wanted them to. Thanks 3FingeredGlove for sorting out the proper way to convert the codes. Obviously, although I thought I knew what I was doing, I didn't. I had taken something like this - 6 ch toggle 7 A 8 7, and assumed that 7A87 was the hexa and plugged it into the decimal converted. Never had any idea that it was just the 87 that had to be converted into decimal and, then for sure, had no idea that this decimal had to then be converted into EFC. Also, many thanks to mdavej, another senior forum member whl was very helpful, too. And my apologies to him as he did outline how to arrive at the proper codes, but in my haste, I passed this info over while reading his PM.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page