HELP: ProControl Pro.24r or Logitech Harmony One? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am contemplating buying either a ProControl Pro.24r or Logitech harmony One. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Need to make a decision by tomorrow, so please help. The Pro is around $30.00 more than the Logitech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 415
The One is a toy compared to the ProControl. Compared to the One, the RTI has RF, unlimited macros, unlimited devices, fully customizable graphics, higher rez screen, row of colored buttons, IP control, addressable IR ports, etc. So it's really apples and oranges. But how are you going to get the RTI software, or do you plan to pay an integrator to program it for you?
post #3 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

The One is a toy compared to the ProControl. So it's really apples and oranges. But how are you going to get the RTI software or do you plan to pay an integrator to program it for you?

I have a custom installer coming to do a comple home theater install for me. So pardon my ignorance, as this is the last piece of the puzzle. What are the differences, and what do you mean by a toy in comparison? So if I purchase the remote, the installer will need the RTi software, or I have to pay an integrator to program it for me?
post #4 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Saw that you edited your post and answered the questions regarding the differences. Thank you. My last question is if I purchase the remote, the installer will need the RTi software, or I have to pay an integrator to program it for me?
post #5 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 415
If you are buying it from an authorized RTI dealer, the integrator will have access to the software and handle all the programming as well as any changes you want in the future. So you won't need to worry about that. My response was mainly to make you aware that if you bought this from ebay or a pawn shop, you may not be able to program it. All the programming services should be included in your installer's quote. If not, make sure he understands the scope of your project. The $30 difference in hardware is a drop in the bucket, so definitely go for the RTI. I'm a little surprised an RTI integrator even offers harmony as an option. See THIS post for an idea of what the programming services might cost.
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page