URC MSC-400 + Sony VPL-HW30ES IR problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2012, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

I've got an MSC-400 set up and working great for my Denon AVR, Uverse, and HTPC all through IR. The Denon is directly connected to the MSC-400 and the Uverse and HTPC are controlled by IR blasters.

I am having no such luck with my new pj - the Sony VPL-HW30ES. The CCP has IR codes for this pj, but none of the codes seem to work. I have tried using both an IR blaster and directly connecting to the pj's 3.5mm IR In port with no luck. I've verified that my blaster is emitting an IR signal when a command is sent to the pj. I've also noticed that when I plug in to the pj's 3.5mm IR in port, it no longer responds to IR commands from its remote - this seems strange to me. Is there anyone out there who has experience with this setup and has had better luck than I?

My next step is to mess with getting my MX-980 remote to learn all the pj remote's commands. Hoping it doesn't have to come to that though!

Thanks for taking a look,
-Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Did you try any of the generic commands at the bottom of the list for the different Sony projectors? Sometimes these will work when the spec'd ones do not.

As for the IR cable I would check with Sony to see how they need their cable configured. I have found that Oppo and others use a different sleeve/tip combination that a generic 3.5mm mono cable may provide. Also make sure you are not using a stereo 3.5mm cable.

Have you tried using a RS-232 cable. I have found this to be many times more reliable than using ir flashers or cables.

As for learning codes why bother learning them all anyway. How often do you need to make adjustments to your projector once it has been set up? I only ever use power commands in my macros as I don't do any source switching at the projector.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-26-2012, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the push in the right direction. I was able to get most of the IR commands working with one of the generic Sony profiles. If anyone else has this problem and stumbles across this post, I used the Sony 13 profile.

Also, as you mentioned to be sure to use mono cables, I've been using standard 3.5mm stereo cables for all my IR control. I figure powering the IR LED only requires vcc and ground, so as long as there's a connection it'll work - and it's working great.

Thanks again!
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Universal Remote Control Msc 400 Msc 400 Master System Controller

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page