I need help on setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have recently moved into a new home that has a built in cabinet with solid wood doors housing all my equipment. I will have AV receiver, BluRay player, cable box, and a flat screen mounted on the cabinet about 10 feet from the equipment.

I also have outdoor speakers that would be roughly 100 feet from the cabinet.

My initial thought was to do IR Repeater system from the TV down to the equipment as there is already a CAT5 wires in place between the TV area and the equipment. I am now reading about RF remotes and it may make sense to just buy one of those and I can use that to control the equipment behind the cabinetry in the main room and then use it out in backyard to control the system inside as well.

Any suggestions on which remote to buy and if this is feasible at all??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok, no one has responded here but I am ready to pull the trigger on a HARMONY 900. Is this remote any good or is there anything better for the money? Its $240 roughly online and has RF capabilities which I need. Any other ideas?
post #3 of 3 Old 07-20-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Not sure if the 900 has a 100ft range. It has no macro capability either. That's a deal breaker for me, but most don't seem to mind. Personally I would look at other options such as URC. No way to know for sure about the range without actually trying it. Best Buy has them for the same price and would make for an easy return.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page