Newbie - need help choosing universal remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

So I've just about finished my modest home theatre system and have gotten to the (almost) final stage of choosing a universal remote that even my wife can use. I hate getting those calls in a business meeting because my boy wants to watch Power Rangers on Netflix which has my wife stumped.

I have heard so many bad reviews about the Logitech Harmony models that I want to explore other options. My local AV store showed me an MX880i which looked the part but quoted me $1000.00. My amp is not even worth that kind of money. I have looked around on-line and many consumers have had problems with this company because only AV pros appear to have access to the software. My research my be inaccurate but it seems to be a recurring theme.

I need a remote with RF capability as my equipment is in a cabinet but to complicate matters, my blu-ray player is my PS3. Apparently, this is a big problem for universal remote controls.....

I have a budget of a few hundred bucks and am fairly good with a computer so some basic macro programming is not going to kill me. Does anyone have any suggestions that will handle both the RF and Playstation needs without breaking the bank?

Thanks, Daniel
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page