Harmony 650 - Response to some commands to HTPC very flaky - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-04-2012, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Overall the remote works well. I have used the 7.8 version of the software on Mac, along with the more advanced web interface, to configure my setup. When controlling my Media Center PC SE device, all the standard commands respond perfectly, from all angles as you would expect. Guide, Menu, LiveTV, all the numbers, power, channel up/down, all of these and the rest of the standard and additional commands are responsive and reliable.

However whEn I tried to add some mapping to some of the extended command set (detailed in http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes-Programming/Expanded-control-for-Windows-Media-Center-now-available-in-our/td-p/374844), specifically the Alt-f4 command, I find that it will only work if I position myself at a particular distance and angle, about 12 feet away from the IR receiver. Often I have to hold down the button longer, or press it many times before it the HTPC responds.The exact same thing happens when trying to use the Win+1 command. This keystroke runs Media Browser in my system.

Again, the entire remote otherwise functions perfectly from all angles, with all the standard buttons and commands responding quickly and reliably from all angles and distances.

I assigned the new comands to both the Additional Commands area of the Device menu as well as in the Activity menu. I also mapped it to my Yellow button. It behaves just as described above when any of those buttons is pressed.

My system is i3 Intel, Win7 ultimate, WMC and Media Browser, HP USB IR Receiver. Latest remote firmware.

any ideas?
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page