Turn on denon receiver, Samsung tv & uverse with one button? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I have AT&T uverse, an avr2113ci denon receiver(surround sound) and Samsung es7500 tv. I'd like to press one button on a remote control to turn on all three.."and press one button to turn them all off. Today, I have to turn them off individually. The problem is that my family likes the AT&T uverse because the controls all match....guide, skip, movie channel. Is my only choice to go with a universal remote? I've never purchased one before.....any recommendations?

Thanks, Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvglaser View Post

Hi,
I have AT&T uverse, an avr2113ci denon receiver(surround sound) and Samsung es7500 tv. I'd like to press one button on a remote control to turn on all three.."and press one button to turn them all off. Today, I have to turn them off individually. The problem is that my family likes the AT&T uverse because the controls all match....guide, skip, movie channel. Is my only choice to go with a universal remote? I've never purchased one before.....any recommendations?

Thanks, Tom

Not familiar with the Uverse remote, but some can be programmed for multiple units, painfully usually with trial and error code input unfortunately. I've got a few Harmony (650 and 600) remotes and they work generally fairly well and you can just go to their website, define your various units (they have a huge database) then hook your remote to your computer via usb and let it do it's magic. I had to tweak my turn on timing sequence to override the tv's penchant to control my avr, but with delayed command gets around that now. Some handshake issue with HDMI now and then but most of the time one remote control and easy for your family to use as it's setup by activity and your remote changes specific controls for the units involved depending on activity, or by specified device (your call).

post #3 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 02:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It may also be possible to control the multiple units with the Denon Remote (see manual), though not sure that will allow one touch shutdown/switch on. Don't think the Denon is a learning remote, so if it doesn't have the codes built in for your device, you are out of luck.

If you go with a Universal remote, it may allow you not only to switch on /switch off multiple units, it will also allow for Universal remote's keys to be mapped to control various units in an optimal way. A macro capable remote will also automate any repetitive key strokes in one or more devices. Have a look at the Xsight remotes as they are cheaper and more feature packed than Harmony though with its own quirks. It has RF capability at a very cheap price point. RF can be addictive once you get used to having RF remotes. Needs a suitable RF base though to use the RF functions.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page