iRule development dead? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I haven't seen any updates for, from or about iRule. As a huge fan I am kinda curious what is up? I love the product but there are features I would love to see if possible. I just don't know if the product is going to have continual development or is this it? Just curious.

Thanks!

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I believe they are releasing a new module at the upcoming CEDIA EXPO.
It is contantly in development and seems to be progressing faster than many of the others (in my opinion).
post #3 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I think their support website has taken much of the conversation about features and development away from AVS.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #4 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I would not be surprised to see them go Android-only as that seems to be their unique point. The claim that they release more updates seems pretty specious as they haven't updated since last March while for instance Roomie has had at least 2 major updates and several minor ones since then with lots of areas way ahead.

I also wonder if they will be allowed to release on the App Store anymore actually. That might be the problem (other than the fact that they were obviously working on Android instead of iOS). The way they sell their software runs directly contrary to Apple's new rules for subscriptions that they've just started enforcing against people like Dropbox, so possibly they will need to change the way they sell it in order to continue.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
not dead at all and certainly not dropping iOS.

While Android is an important part of the development (as they are now more than 50% of the smartphone market) it is not in place of iOS. Obviously, supporting multiple operating systems is a much bigger task and requires more time.

The next release is currently in beta and there are lots of new functions which are due for CEDIA.

AVS a while back asked us to focus the conversation only on support and not on talking about new features and a more open discussion. I can respect that point of view which is why we have our own areas to listen to customer ideas in addition to public places like this.

I can tell you that 100% of the features in the versions are coming from direct feedback from the users such as Sonos, overlays, and others.

If you have any specific questions just ask, while I am not as active on these forums we listen both here and especially on our own space.

Best Regards,
Itai

Itai

Did I mention we are flat to 11?
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page