Looking for a super simple remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am setting up a whole house system controlled by various IOS devices but there are times when a super simple remote with physical buttons would be nice. Assuming (working) CEC something with power, volume, mute, play/pause would probably be enough. I could program it to my TV and let CEC handle volume on the receiver and play/pause on the Tivo/BluRay/etc. I envision this to be used when the phone rings or someone's at the door. Anyone have experience with a product like this or could possibly recommend something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
My favorite simple remote is the RCA RCRP05B. It's very flexible, especially when programmed via JP1.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-31-2012, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's overkill. I'm looking for a remote with literally like 5 buttons. Something like this (http://sf.sears.com/tek-pal-universal-large-button-tv-remote-control/p-SPM5988348808P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3) but without channel and with play/pause buttons or toggle. I have a fancy controller to handle my remote needs; I just don't want to have to use it when I'm sitting in a dark room and something happens that requires me to either mute or pause the TV.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-31-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
It may look like overkill, but it's only $15, and there's no way you'll ever find a remote with only 5 buttons and just play/pause. How would you even switch devices, setup volume punch thru or enter setup codes?

The closest thing I've seen that comes close to meeting your requirements is the One-For-All Cricket. But it's made for children, so you would look silly using it. If you can live with a number pad, the RCA RCR311BIR or a tv remote wrist watch would work.

But it sounds like the OEM tv remote should already do everything you want (what model TV do you have?). Why not use that?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Rca

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page