Can't seem to get TV and cable box to play nicely together - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We have a Vizio flatscreen and lost the remote during our move a few weeks ago. The other night I was attempting to adjust the volume and hit the "Channel down button" by mistake. Immediately the screen cut from AMC's Breaking Bad to a blue screen. I frantically pressed what I figured to be the solution - the "Channel up button", but to no avail.

It seems that, when pressed manually, the "Channel up/down buttons" do not jump channels sequentially. They skip about 10 - 15 channels per button press. Thus if you're on Channel 1, and you pressed "Channel up", you might land on Channel 12, etc.

So this morning I went to Walmart and bought a Vizio Universal Remote Control. It turns the TV on, and can scroll through its inputs (TV, AV, HDMI1, HDMI2, RGB and Component 1 and 2), adjusts the volume, and can get me to the exact channel I want, but for the life of me I can't figure out what channel I need to be on **as well as** the correct input I need to be on in order to get my Time Warner Cable box to output to the TV. I've tried Channels 1 - 30 on each of the above inputs and nothing has worked so far.

Although I'm *positive* I didn't hit the Menu button on the side of the TV, I'm wondering if it's something I have to fix inside the Menu regardless? Thanks in advance for any help or nudges in the right direction here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
How is the Time Warnet cable box attached to the TV, e.g., hdmi, component, or composite cable? You need to select the correct input on the TV. Channel changes are normally made on the cable box not on the TV.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Vizio , Blu Ray Movies , Vizio Remote Control Vur5 Universal Programmable Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page