post #361 of 527 Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Meno View Post

Anyone else having a problem with the silverlight software crashing when you log on? I haven't been able to log in all day!!!

I just tried and got kicked out and then tried a second time and it worked fine, just a little slow to load. Have you tried rebooting your PC? Sometimes when I'm having trouble with the software I reboot and everything starts to work again. smile.gif

JT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 527 Old 06-17-2013, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone know when the firmware update is supposed to be released to provide "skip" buttons to the touch? Is this even confirmed? Thanks!
post #363 of 527 Old 06-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

I would think that the skip fuction will be part of the larger UI update from the Ultimate that was rumored to come out sometime in the summer.
post #364 of 527 Old 06-17-2013, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I can not wait much longer for this ui firmware update! The one activity per page is killing me and my wife's trust in fancy gizmo remotes.
post #365 of 527 Old 06-25-2013, 08:53 AM

Liked: 11
I guess the only way to find out about an update, and to apply it, is to connect the remote to your PC?

I've been slowly introducing the Touch into my arsenal. Wife still using the 880 primarily. I think she would like the Touch better, but the one thing that drives me a little bonkers (besides that infernal help button) is the way switching to individual device commands from Activity Mode works. Like, for example, if I want to change the 3D settings on the TV while watching a movie on the HTPC. I'm in the HTPC activity mode, I have to then back out until I see the Device button on the bottom of the screen, select TV, do my thing, then back out several levels until I see the activity selections again. A little clunky. Requires several more steps than the 880 did in that regard.
post #366 of 527 Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamelon View Post

I guess the only way to find out about an update, and to apply it, is to connect the remote to your PC?

I've been slowly introducing the Touch into my arsenal. Wife still using the 880 primarily. I think she would like the Touch better, but the one thing that drives me a little bonkers (besides that infernal help button) is the way switching to individual device commands from Activity Mode works. Like, for example, if I want to change the 3D settings on the TV while watching a movie on the HTPC. I'm in the HTPC activity mode, I have to then back out until I see the Device button on the bottom of the screen, select TV, do my thing, then back out several levels until I see the activity selections again. A little clunky. Requires several more steps than the 880 did in that regard.

If you hit the home button above the screen it will bring you back to the activities menu from any page.
post #367 of 527 Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

If you hit the home button above the screen it will bring you back to the activities menu from any page.
Well I'll be darned. I could've sworn I tried that. Guess not. Thank you!
post #368 of 527 Old 06-25-2013, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Just custimize the buttons in that activity to switch to 3D mode ir what ever button from whatever device you want to control .For example while i'm in movie activity I can switch between Custom and ISF modes on my TV
post #369 of 527 Old 06-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well I'll be darned. I could've sworn I tried that. Guess not. Thank you!

Anytime! wink.gif
post #370 of 527 Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmd1 View Post

Just custimize the buttons in that activity to switch to 3D mode ir what ever button from whatever device you want to control .For example while i'm in movie activity I can switch between Custom and ISF modes on my TV
That may be possible using sequences or something but I have movies in different formats (side by side, top/bottom, etc) and there are no discrete buttons for these. I have to go into a 3D menu and then navigate around using the direction and select buttons. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll play around with it.
post #371 of 527 Old 06-25-2013, 01:12 PM

Liked: 29
You can add as many buttons to your activies as you want from any device,You don't need to do sequences,I do the same with my oppo which I have a hard drive with 2D and 3D movies as well
post #372 of 527 Old 07-04-2013, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 64
So I have recently purchased a harmony touch as my harmony 900 died on me. Have any of you experienced the issue of the remote sending multiple commands? Ex. I press down on the directional key and instead of going down once it goes twice. I know I was able to adjust that on the 900 but not on the touch. I looked online and it seems to be a problem but the fix of resetting the remote does not work. Anyone experienced this and if so how did you correct it?

LivingRoom: XBR-65X900B / Oppo BDP103D / Yamaha RX-A2040 / REL T7 / HDP2500 / Def Tech Mythos Ones x 4, Eight, 2x Gem XL / PS4 / Xbox One / Wii U
Bedroom: 65ZT60 / Oppo BDP93 / Apple TV / PS3
Office: KRP-500M / Xbox 360
post #373 of 527 Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
anything further on the supposed firmware update coming this summer?
post #374 of 527 Old 07-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiggers View Post

anything further on the supposed firmware update coming this summer?

I would think it will be sometime in August because the Logitech website has the Ultimate Hub being released then and it mentions the Touch and the firmware upgrade that will allow the RF function with the Hub.
post #375 of 527 Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The lack of a chapter skip was a deal breaker for me. Unfortunately, my son spilled water on my One and it looks like it may be a goner. I'll let it dry out for a day or so to see if it works. The short/long button press functionality can't come soon enough...
post #376 of 527 Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 AM

Liked: 10
you can do what i did, and program chapter skip/back into the gestures screen

Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class
Especially since I rule.
post #377 of 527 Old 07-11-2013, 12:14 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouka View Post

you can do what i did, and program chapter skip/back into the gestures screen

I currently have 3 disc-based activities programmed into my Harmony Touch. For all of them, I just re-programmed the Ch+ and Ch- controls for Chapter Skip/Chapter Back respectively. I figure I'll never use the channel up/down function while in one of those activities (and the label is almost correct anyway! smile.gif )
post #378 of 527 Old 07-13-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:

So my Touch arrived yesterday. I've had a trusty old 880 for years and years, and even though I never liked the feel of the buttons much and the old software for that unit was the worst POS ever made in the history of engineering, I hung onto it because it did what I needed it to do. But then a few months ago, my kid knocked over my coffee right on the 880. And I was able to salvage that with the old bag of rice trick, but sometimes buttons would stick on me, and when that was the Volume Up button late at night, it was a bit of an issue smile.gif

...so I weighed the pros and cons and decided to hop off the fence and just do it, not knowing if anybody would ever make a reasonably priced remote that satisfied all my needs.

I have read through this thread, and I've looked at about a dozen reviews, so I thought I knew what to expect. But here's the thing:

What in the name of all that is good and holy were they thinking with the A/C adapter for this thing?
Why hasn't anybody complained about this?
Are they all like this, or did I just get an oddball "international" version?
It's got 3 separate pieces that all plug together like loose-fitting Legos, and of course the US 120V module is the last piece of the puzzle, meaning I have to plug all three pieces together to make it work. So the end result is this thing sticks at least 4-5 inches out of the socket and dangles precariously. I can see it falling out if I look at it funny. If I plug it into a power strip on the floor, I honestly don't know if it will stay in place at all.
Why is QA not a thing at Logitech? Why do their products all seem to have such major design flaws? And why do I keep buying them?

Grrr.... rant over. Sucker that I am, I will probably keep it. But I am definitely going to contact them about this, if for no other reason than to ask what the DC voltage is on the adapter so that I can hopefully swap it with the old one. It *probably* says right on it, but the print is so tiny that even with a magnifying glass, I can't read it.

Just read this. I know you weren't trying to be funny but I couldn't stop laughing at these pics
post #379 of 527 Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbc3 View Post

Just read this. I know you weren't trying to be funny but I couldn't stop laughing at these pics
I actually was trying to be funny, a little. In an angry sort of way. smile.gif
attitudeRN likes this.
post #380 of 527 Old 07-24-2013, 08:06 PM

anyone else annoyed by the battery?

it gives you essentially no warning the icon still has a fairly thick line left on the 'low' end then all of a sudden, grey screen with 'low battery' and it shuts off...

they really need to do a better job of it, my old 750 would give me several warnings before actually dieing (usually giving you at least a day or so's notice before goin dark)

Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class
Especially since I rule.
post #381 of 527 Old 07-27-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkdrain View Post

I can not wait much longer for this ui firmware update! The one activity per page is killing me and my wife's trust in fancy gizmo remotes.

Only 1-5 more weeks from what others have said. August is when the Hub is officially launched, and since it IS meant to work with the Touch, the firmware in the Touch will need an update to work with it.
post #382 of 527 Old 07-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Confession: I want one....or something very similar....but a LOT of what ya'll discuss here is over my head.

Not sure I'd be able to 'fly' this thing....

Why ain't there a version for dummies?
post #383 of 527 Old 07-28-2013, 10:51 AM

Liked: 17
It really is not that bad. When you plug it in there is sort of a wizard that walks you through step by step.
post #384 of 527 Old 07-29-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attitudeRN View Post

Confession: I want one....or something very similar....but a LOT of what ya'll discuss here is over my head.

Not sure I'd be able to 'fly' this thing....

Why ain't there a version for dummies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post

It really is not that bad. When you plug it in there is sort of a wizard that walks you through step by step.
Ditto this. I think for the most part it's over the head of anyone who doesn't already own one and hasn't used it at least a little bit. Although Mrs. Bustamelon is challenged by it, I think it's pretty intuitive after a little bit of trial and error. I'd suggest getting one at a local retailer with a reasonable return policy, and if it doesn't work out, bring it back.
post #385 of 527 Old 07-29-2013, 01:19 PM

Thanx for the encouragement.

May be back, with rookie questions!
post #386 of 527 Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:

Are they all like this, or did I just get an oddball "international" version?
It's got 3 separate pieces that all plug together like loose-fitting Legos, and of course the US 120V module is the last piece of the puzzle, meaning I have to plug all three pieces together to make it work. So the end result is this thing sticks at least 4-5 inches out of the socket and dangles precariously. I can see it falling out if I look at it funny. If I plug it into a power strip on the floor, I honestly don't know if it will stay in place at all.

Happy ending:
I received a nice PM from a Harmony rep who pledged to send me a proper US replacement adapter. Thanks!
post #387 of 527 Old 07-31-2013, 05:53 PM

I just got this remote yesterday. So far it seems pretty good but i'm having a few little quirks with some of the functions. 1st of all I have a Panasonic Blu ray system that has 2 HDMI inputs. I have my Xfinity box in 1 input & my Roku 3 in the other input. In the activities I have my Roku 3 set but the Roku doesn't even turn on. It also turns my blu ray player on & I don't want it to come on. I want it to switch to HDMI 2 on the player without it turning on since I have pass through activated. It seems like there's no option to keep the blu ray player from turning on. I would also like to be able to control the volume of the tv when I'm on the Roku page of the remote but I guess there's no option for that either. If anybody knows any tricks please feel free to share.
post #388 of 527 Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog510 View Post

. I have my Xfinity box in 1 input & my Roku 3 in the other input. In the activities I have my Roku 3 set but the Roku doesn't even turn on. It also turns my blu ray player on & I don't want it to come on. I want it to switch to HDMI 2 on the player without it turning on since I have pass through activated. It seems like there's no option to keep the blu ray player from turning on. I would also like to be able to control the volume of the tv when I'm on the Roku page of the remote but I guess there's no option for that either. If anybody knows any tricks please feel free to share.

Hmm, that's a tough one.
It seems like an unorthodox setup. What is the reason for connecting the Roku through the BR player? I would try connecting the Roku straight to the TV if you have an input available there.
As for controlling the volume, that *should* be doable. I seem to recall a step in the activity setup process where you're asked what device the volume buttons should control. No?

Also, I wonder if it's even possible to switch inputs on the BR player without first switching it on. Perhaps the workaround for that would be have all the pother activities programmed to switch the BR player to HDMI2 when powering down. A little hacky maybe, but one possibility.

This is old, and probably no longer applies, but maybe worth a look if nothing else works.
http://snowulf.com/2010/08/30/adding-a-roku-to-a-logitech-harmony-remote/
post #389 of 527 Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 AM

Hi friends,
Here is frog eater, sorry for my not reach english.
I have following devices:
- Denon- AVR-x3000
- LG 60ph670s
- BenQ 1070 w
- LG BX 580
+Harmony Touch

LGph670s is plugged to HDMI ARC from Denon
VP 1070w is plugged to Denon HDMI zone2.

When I go to activity look dvd (or BR) on the Touch, input is stereo.

when I use remore from each devise, i get a 5.1 input.

When I use a splitter plugged to Denon HDMI arc, output plasma and VP, using the touch input and output vare 5.1.

Please, help!
post #390 of 527 Old 08-01-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxise View Post

Hi friends,
Here is frog eater, sorry for my not reach english.
I have following devices:
- Denon- AVR-x3000
- LG 60ph670s
- BenQ 1070 w
- LG BX 580
+Harmony Touch

LGph670s is plugged to HDMI ARC from Denon
VP 1070w is plugged to Denon HDMI zone2.

When I go to activity look dvd (or BR) on the Touch, input is stereo.

when I use remore from each devise, i get a 5.1 input.

When I use a splitter plugged to Denon HDMI arc, output plasma and VP, using the touch input and output vare 5.1.

Please, help!

Frog eater?? LOL
Je devine que signifie que vous êtes français.

So I think what you're saying is: when you use your Touch to enter the DVD activity mode, it incorrectly switches the audio output of your Denon AVR to Stereo, when it should be set to 5.1, correct?

My receiver has a nifty trick of "remembering" where everything was set the last time a given input was used, and I think most receivers nowadays have this feature. So I am guessing your remote is adding the unwanted step of switching from 5.1 to stereo. I think if you went into your Harmony software, somewhere you should have the option of simply removing that step. Unfortunately I'm not at home now so can't say exactly how to find that setting. I think it's Activities -> DVD -> Customize Activity -> add/remove step ?

Also, some users of Denon AVRs have issues with delay time. Maybe this is helpful:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/MyHarmony-com/Harmony-Touch-not-switching-Denon-AVR-991-input-on-activity/td-p/905322
Reply Remote Control Area