New Logitech Harmony Touch - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 523 Old 09-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
You have set up each zone as a device and then create an activity for each zone or zone combination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 523 Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I want to purchase an Ultimate but I don't need the RF. Is the Touch the same, without the RF, I know its cheaper? They say that the new software upgrade makes it like the Ultimate? what does that mean because it looks exactly the same.
post #453 of 523 Old 09-23-2013, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by insync44 View Post

I want to purchase an Ultimate but I don't need the RF. Is the Touch the same, without the RF, I know its cheaper? They say that the new software upgrade makes it like the Ultimate? what does that mean because it looks exactly the same.

Hello insync44,

The new firmware upgrade for the Harmony Touch will make it similar to the Ultimate, yes. However, the Ultimate's hardware is slightly different and offers a modified grip, haptic feedback (vibration), and a tilt sensor, which the Touch currently does not.

Some of the Ultimate's buttons reveal their 'dual function' ability, achievable by single or long pressing on a button. While the Touch's buttons do not physically display this, the firmware upgrade also enables dual functionality on the Touch.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #454 of 523 Old 09-23-2013, 11:26 AM

Liked: 15
Thanks for the reply. I have purchased a Smart Control on sale from Costco locally. Will the HUB work with the Harmony Touch?
Also have just set up my Smart Control Hub on PC via MY HARMONY. Its first time I've used the My Harmony website(am used to the 7.70 Software).
You said the Upgrade Firmware is on the left side. Mine doesn't show any. Is it because its already updated?
Thanks
post #455 of 523 Old 09-23-2013, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by insync44 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I have purchased a Smart Control on sale from Costco locally. Will the HUB work with the Harmony Touch?
Also have just set up my Smart Control Hub on PC via MY HARMONY. Its first time I've used the My Harmony website(am used to the 7.70 Software).
You said the Upgrade Firmware is on the left side. Mine doesn't show any. Is it because its already updated?
Thanks

Your Smart Control can be combined to your Harmony Touch - both remotes (as well as the app) will then be able to use the hub to control your devices, and will stay in sync. This must be done from your Harmony Touch account.

The 'Upgrade' feature only appears for the Harmony Touch, and enables the new UI update as well as the attachment of an Ultimate Hub or Smart Control to your Touch.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #456 of 523 Old 09-28-2013, 03:54 PM

Liked: 13
Setting up my new Harmony Touch and have a question about favorites. Whenever you choose a favorite it starts my "Watch TV" activity. But sometimes I am using my "Watch TV with Surround Sound" activity. Choosing any favorite will shut down my surround sound and put me into the "Watch TV" activity. Looking for a work around. Anybody else run into this?

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray
Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Klipsch Ref RC500 Center (RC52)

Klipsch Ref RB600 Fronts (RB61)

Klipsch Ref RS400 Surrounds (RS42)
Klipsch Synergy SW10 Sub Woofer
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Harmony 650 Remote

Mac Mini/PS3/Wii

post #457 of 523 Old 09-29-2013, 03:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1967 View Post

Setting up my new Harmony Touch and have a question about favorites. Whenever you choose a favorite it starts my "Watch TV" activity. But sometimes I am using my "Watch TV with Surround Sound" activity. Choosing any favorite will shut down my surround sound and put me into the "Watch TV" activity. Looking for a work around. Anybody else run into this?

The favorites are part of all activities and when selecting any favorite in the non-TV activity will launch the TV activity and there is no way around it at this point. Logitech is aware of this and is working on it. JT
post #458 of 523 Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 AM
i2k

Liked: 10
Switched from a harmony one recently. I'm liking the remote. I switch the quick press functionality on the physical fwd and rew buttons to do a 30 sec skip and 5 sec rewind. Mapped the actual fwd and rew to a long press of these same buttons. Great solution and love the dual functionality of almost all the hardware buttons now (quick press and long press). The cradle is nice to charge it in as is the responsiveness on the remote on my tivo.

i2k

Samsung LED 65" UN65FH6001F
Yamaha AV Receiver RX 673
Mission/Polk Audio speakers
post #459 of 523 Old 10-14-2013, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am so much happier with the remote after the firmware update. I love it now. The RF itself makes a huge difference and having it combined with the Smart Control makes the experience even better.
post #460 of 523 Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
i wish there was a way to disable the 'favorites' button or assign it as something else

i dont have cable, we're streaming and media only so favorites is just a button that gets accidentally hit very often then requiring multiple screen presses to get back to the normal screen

Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class
Especially since I rule.
post #461 of 523 Old 10-14-2013, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouka View Post

i wish there was a way to disable the 'favorites' button or assign it as something else

i dont have cable, we're streaming and media only so favorites is just a button that gets accidentally hit very often then requiring multiple screen presses to get back to the normal screen

I agree. I dont use the favorite channels either. even when I had direct tv. have you turned off the guestures options off. I also had trouble with hitting the wrong button. once I turned off the guestures. it seem to work much better.

jacob
post #462 of 523 Old 10-17-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Hey folks,
Been enjoying my Harmony Touch / and Hub with the latest software. Its like the Ultimate now.

Anyway, when using the programmed hard buttons on the top of the Remote (FF RW Play/Pause), they work but unfortuantely when I am fastforwarding through commericals etc, I sometime have to hit the play/pause button several times before the Directv DVR responds??

My setup has the IR repeater that comes with the Hub directly in front of the Directv DVR box so its getting a perfect signal.

Are there any settings like the delays etc than can be adjusted so the remote and DVR box respond more accuratrly? I get a bit frustrated when i need to stop the fasforwarding and it flies through part of the show and then i have to rewind to go back

Thanks for any helps or hints!

Brandon
post #463 of 523 Old 10-17-2013, 08:51 PM

Liked: 25
Hello All,
I'm a newbie to harmony remotes and have searched unsuccessfully for an answer to my issue. I have the following devices set up... Oppo BDP 103, Epson 8350 projector, Yamaha RXV-667 and a Pace HD cable box.

I'm having issues with my "Watch TV" Activity. I have my Pace cable box running into the HDMI IN BACK input in my Oppo as I want to use it's video processor, the Oppo is then running into the HDMI input on my Yamaha and out to my projector. Every step in the activity seems to work fine except for the Oppo choosing the correct input. If I have a bluray in the device it automatically goes to a "resume playback" prompt. I can't seem to edit the input command in My Harmony as its not offered as an option. In the set up process I selected the correct input for the oppo and also noted that the oppo does not skip unused inputs. I tried this activity without a bluray in the tray and I end up in the oppo's home screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
post #464 of 523 Old 11-06-2013, 09:31 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

The most important differences between the One and the Touch are the Touch is missing skip fwd and skip back buttons (as passingbat said) and has no number buttons (they're on a touchscreen). Personally, I think it would be a huge pain to use a DVR without hard skip buttons. Some use swipes for skips, but that seems awkward as well. I do like the longer 10 step macros, but losing buttons is too big of a trade off. I guess Logitech thought a big touchscreen would help them compete against smart phone remote apps, but I'd rather have hard buttons any day.

I think you can program a SHORT press and a LONG press of the button.  So you can set the FF button to a SHORT press to SKIP and a LONG press to actually FF.

post #465 of 523 Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gravina View Post

I think you can program a SHORT press and a LONG press of the button.  So you can set the FF button to a SHORT press to SKIP and a LONG press to actually FF.
Thanks. That's a fairly old post of mine. I think I posted that before the Touch got short/long press capability. My JP1 remotes can do 5 functions per button (short, long, double, shifted and double shifted), but I prefer separate buttons whenever possible. Maybe if the Ultimate 2 gets more buttons, I'll give Harmony remotes another look. What I have now works a lot better.

I hope in the future that Logitech will rely on "logic" for button design rather than focus groups apparently consisting of natives of the amazon jungle who've never seen a television or used a remote.
post #466 of 523 Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 PM

Anyone else get firmware version 3.4.33?  I got it On November 6th but cant find any info on whats change.  Anyone know anything?

Thanks...

post #467 of 523 Old 11-07-2013, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Anyone else get firmware version 3.4.33?  I got it On November 6th but cant find any info on whats change.  Anyone know anything?

Thanks...

Here are the release notes posted by Sylvain on the Ultimate page. JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmd1

There is a new firmware update for hub and ultimate

Yes! Thanks dvdmd1. It was released this morning PST. Here are the release notes --

MyHarmony.com (v13.7)
* Improved the Xbox 360 and PS3 devices -- these may now be selected as channel changing devices within Activities
* New myharmony.com landing page
* Ability to unassign a command from a button
* Support for Safari on Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)
* Account copying now also copies over Sequences
* Fixed general bugs

Harmony Ultimate, Harmony Smart Control, Harmony Touch and Harmony Hub Firmware (v3.3.34)
* On-remote Favorites will now only appear for the Watch TV Activity they’re associated with
* UI changes for Philips hue (allow customization of long press, new UI)

Harmony App Mobile Setup (v13.7)
* Added in app button customization for Harmony Ultimate
* Mobile setup now supports landscape mode
* Multi remote button customization (Harmony Touch upgrade scenario with Harmony Smart Control)
* Xbox 360 and PS3 can now also be configured as channel changing devices
* Ability to unassign a command from a button
* Account copying now also copies over Sequences
post #468 of 523 Old 11-07-2013, 05:31 AM

Yeah I saw that but that's for 3.3.34. I have 3.4.33. Hmm...
post #469 of 523 Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yeah I saw that but that's for 3.3.34. I have 3.4.33. Hmm...

Sorry for that Jim, here are the release notes from the October release. You can find the release note in the support page for the the Harmony remote community page.

October,7th 2013
MyHarmony.com (v13.6)
* Implemented account copy, allowing you to import settings from another MyHarmony.com remote or account
* Fixed the ability to save LCD button customization changes in device mode
* Fixed the "Clear" button of TiVo Series 3 is now available on Command list

Harmony App Mobile Setup (v13.6)
* Implemented account copy, allowing you to import settings from another MyHarmony.com remote or account
* Implemented support to add or fix Activity sequences
* Implemented Harmony Smart Control remote button mappings
* Improved how you select the method of input switching

Here is the link to the page... http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Ultimate-Harmony-Smart/Harmony-Release-Notes-UPDATED-November-5th/td-p/1042729
post #470 of 523 Old 11-07-2013, 06:09 AM

I don't think you follow....I have 3.4.33 firmware. Which I got the night I November 6th. Everything on that page point to update 3.3.34. In other words it's a full tenth of a point update so I doubt it's minor fixes but I can't find any note on it anywhere. Maybe they just haven't posted it yet...
post #471 of 523 Old 11-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:

I don't think you follow....I have 3.4.33 firmware. Which I got the night I November 6th. Everything on that page point to update 3.3.34. In other words it's a full tenth of a point update so I doubt it's minor fixes but I can't find any note on it anywhere. Maybe they just haven't posted it yet...

I just got this one also. Almost against my better judgment I actually sought it out as I have recently experienced a couple of glitches on my Touch and wanted to visit MyHarmony anyway. I searched and couldn't find how to download the update. However, when I synched the remote, it updated the firmware automatically.

That's when my fun began. The firmware seemed to download fine, but the rest of the process hung up and my Touch was stuck on the "myharmony.com" splash screen. For quite a while I was sure I had bricked my remote, but, following the troubleshooting tips on Harmony's website, I finally was able to get it to finish synching when I switched from IE to Chrome.

I have not used it enough since then to know what the new firmware does.
post #472 of 523 Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Hey Guys,

Thinking about ditching my 1100 and going with the the ultimate or the screenless remote.

Couple of questions.

1. I already own the older harmony link. If i bought the touch would i be able to attach it to the link?
2. If the answer to 1 is no and i buy the Smart control and the touch. will both physical remotes keep sync with one another.
3. If the answer to 1 is yes is there any advantage to buying the newer hub?
4. do they sell the smaller remote separateley from the hub?

Thank in advance, I apologize if this has been answered before. I read through as much of the thread as time allowed and even searched, but came up empty.

Mains: Swan diva 6.1 Center: Swan diva C3Surrounds: Swan Diva 4.1Sourround Back: Swan diva R2Sub: SVS SB-2000 Receiver :TX-NR809 Transport :Opppo 103 US Plasma:TC-P54VT25
post #473 of 523 Old 11-18-2013, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quick question,
With the Touch, I just bought a new plasma TV so when I replace this in the devices menu, will I lose all my activities? I'm hoping just replacing the new tv will keep the activities in tact but if not any suggestions to simplify the process rather than recreating each activity?

Thanks!

Brandon
post #474 of 523 Old 11-23-2013, 09:57 AM

ugh i am really getting sick of trying to hit the rewind button and accidentally hitting the off button, shutting down my whole system (with an RPTV, so thats hard on the bulb, shutting it off then on extra times) anyway the firmware could have an option you can turn on to have it ask you to confirm shutting the system down rather than just doing it?

Especially since I rule.
post #475 of 523 Old 11-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouka View Post

ugh i am really getting sick of trying to hit the rewind button and accidentally hitting the off button, shutting down my whole system (with an RPTV, so thats hard on the bulb, shutting it off then on extra times) anyway the firmware could have an option you can turn on to have it ask you to confirm shutting the system down rather than just doing it?

No, but you could move the rewind button elsewhere

post #476 of 523 Old 11-24-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post

No, but you could move the rewind button elsewhere

Especially since I rule.
post #477 of 523 Old 11-28-2013, 11:43 AM

My Touch was delivered yesterday so I've had little time to play with it. I copied the setup from my One that it replaced but it didn't end up the same (of course) so I need to tweak it.
I had the Watch TV activity on my One set up with 3 pages of 6 buttons. For instance, I had one page for my X10 lighting. Lights On, Lights Off, Light 1, Light 2, Dim, Bright. Another screen had surround modes for my AVR.
How many buttons per screen can the Touch have? It would be nice to minimize the scrolling needed to control the lighting etc. The favourites & number screens have lots of buttons. Can the command screens be set up the same?
post #478 of 523 Old 12-14-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusdoan View Post

Hi Guys,

I have a setup with the Denon AVR-4520ci which has multiple zones. The Touch automatically turns all of them on and off when turning the AVR on or off via the remote. Is there a way to just turn on the zone(s) that I want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

You have set up each zone as a device and then create an activity for each zone or zone combination.

Building off this question:

I have a Denon AVR-X2000 and can't figure out how to get the Touch to actually change to Zone 2. I'm fine with setting each zone as a separate device (stupid though it may be...the Logitech Knowledge Base still tells you that it will prompt you to create separate zones when you add the device...lies!), but it doesn't recognize the Zone Select commands on the remote.

Even more annoying, the remote doesn't recognize the Zone Select commands when I try to teach it either, and I'm not sure why. I've taught it other commands from the remote, so it recognizes the signal. But trying to teach it the Main and Zone 2 buttons individually, and the Main/Zone 2 + an input button held simultaneously, produces no joy. How in the hell do you teach it to switch zones?

Any ideas? frown.gif
post #479 of 523 Old 12-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
I am pretty sure that the Zone select button on the Denon remote is like a shift key on a keyboard, and does not send an ir command so it cannot be learned.

Back to basics: you need to have Zone 2 defined as a separate device. To use the device you can either select it as a device (in device mode) or define it in a activity to have it active,e.g., if you wanted to "switch zones" you would have two activities, one that uses the Main zone and the other that uses Zone 2. Then you switch between the activities.
post #480 of 523 Old 01-06-2014, 03:18 PM

I also tried to switch from the One to the Touch. It created such a mess that I am now trying to set it from scratch. But now when I select what they show for my Simaudio  P5 preamp it comes up as an AV receiver with 20 inputs & so many adjustments that it will take me a week to get rid of them. And the Oppo BDP103 shows as a mini system with radio! What a screwup. I guess I'll give Logitech support another chance tomorrow. Already spent almost 2 hours on the phone with them yesterday. Good thing I have some spare time & plenty patience. I suspect that it will go back to the store next week unless they can pull a rabbit out of their hat. 

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page