New Logitech Harmony Touch - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 523 Old 02-28-2014, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Did logitech discontinue the harmony touch?  Its not listed on their website anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 523 Old 02-28-2014, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Yes, it is discontinued. Some people found a link to a new "Harmony Ultimate One" remote on Amazon, that will be released on March 5. It is basically a Harmony Ultimate without the hub. No information on whether you can add a hub later, like you can with a Touch.
post #513 of 523 Old 02-28-2014, 07:38 AM

I was just curious.  I already have a Logitech Harmony Ultimate

post #514 of 523 Old 02-28-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler webb View Post

The people that are complaining about the harmony touch and ultimate are either really stuck in there ways or not tech savy at all (and I mean less teck savy than my 2 year old). It works perfectly as advertised and is easier to set up than an ipad! extremly happy with my touch.

Ummm.... No!

The issues with the Touch, Ultimate and Ultimate One have nothing to do with their tech or the user's tech savviness.  They program and function just fine.  It's the ergonomics that suck... big time. 

The One, 700 & 650 all share a similar physical button layout that is near perfection for one handed operation by feel alone.    Even though I prefer the hard number buttons of that series, I could probably live without them.  It's the idiotic placement of the transport buttons above the touch screen that is the unforgivable sin of these newer models.  Bye-bye to one-handed operation... hello to unintended touch screen presses.

Crappy ergonomics (relative to previous models) aside, they are very nice remotes, and I can see how they can be attractive to someone without a lot of experience with a One.  However, they are undoubtedly a step backwards to anyone who has any experience with a One.  Like others here, I have been buying up Ones, 650s and 700s to be able to continue enjoying them.  I'm not stuck in my ways... I've upgraded/adapted to several generations of Harmony (and other) remotes.  I just don't appreciate change made for changes' sake alone, especially when the change actually represents a huge step backwards from what came before.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #515 of 523 Old 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 284
+1
Another deal breaker for me is the clunky skip/search on the same button. Terrible idea. Sure the remote looks nice, but is essentially unusable to me as it can't be used by feel. No Harmony with Ultimate or Touch in the name for me.

Reminds me a lot of the Win 8 argument. Most recognize it sucks on every level. But supporters insist we are simply dinosaurs who can't adapt to new things. Nothing could be further from the truth.
post #516 of 523 Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 AM

Liked: 15
I understand a lot of the complaints being made about the remote, I really do. And I would not go as far as to say that those who do not like it are unable to adapt or are not tech savvy. I will, however, state that most of these design changes can be adjusted to after using the remote for a period of time. I have a feeling that some people on here just picked up the remote and tried to use it for a day or two and gave up because they struggled. Others probably don't even own it and are just repeating reviews they have read by others.

I have owned the Ultimate for nearly a year now and I am able to operate the remote with just one hand, without looking at it, and almost never inadvertently touch the screen by accident. Yes, the ergonomics are different and the remote does not feel as comfortable in your hand, but I have adjusted to the new button layout and screen location and use the remote daily just fine. I never get upset at it or regret the purchase.

I realize everyone has a right to their comments, but I just wanted to point out that I think some of this is just a matter of adjusting.

Energy RC-70s (2) | Energy RC-LCR | Energy CB-5s (4) | SVS PB-2000 | Pioneer VSX-1020K | Samsung UN65F8000 | PS3 | PS4 | Apple TV (2nd gen) | DirecTV HR34 HMC | Harmony Ultimate
post #517 of 523 Old 02-28-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Reminds me a lot of the Win 8 argument...

Don't get me started...:D

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #518 of 523 Old 03-07-2014, 11:23 AM

I just wish they would fix the fact that you still hit that button on the lower right of the screen that ends up making adjustments to the setup in order to fix any problems. It's impossible to avoid hitting it bc It's the first place your thumb inadvertintely touches whenever handling the remote. If that button was on the upper left corner, it would make the remote perfect and better than the "One" in my opinion.
post #519 of 523 Old 03-11-2014, 03:02 PM

Liked: 10
I've just got the harmony touch remote as a replacement for the damaged harmony one. I'm very happy with the remote's funcionality and capabilities but I have problem with the quality of the housing. One of the latches (on right side under the screen) is loose so the entire case creaks when I use the screen or buttons. Has anyone met with such a problem. I have a 'new' model with the 'harmony' inscription instead of 'logitech' - I'm wondering if it is only problem with my remote or maybe the whole new batch has such quality problem?
post #520 of 523 Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_fork View Post

I've just got the harmony touch remote as a replacement for the damaged harmony one. I'm very happy with the remote's funcionality and capabilities but I have problem with the quality of the housing. One of the latches (on right side under the screen) is loose so the entire case creaks when I use the screen or buttons. Has anyone met with such a problem. I have a 'new' model with the 'harmony' inscription instead of 'logitech' - I'm wondering if it is only problem with my remote or maybe the whole new batch has such quality problem?

I have the Ultimate and do not have this issue.

Energy RC-70s (2) | Energy RC-LCR | Energy CB-5s (4) | SVS PB-2000 | Pioneer VSX-1020K | Samsung UN65F8000 | PS3 | PS4 | Apple TV (2nd gen) | DirecTV HR34 HMC | Harmony Ultimate
post #521 of 523 Old 03-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinLH00 View Post

I have the Ultimate and do not have this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_fork View Post

I have had the touch for a year and a half and have no issues with the housing.
post #522 of 523 Old 06-28-2014, 07:33 AM

Liked: 10
really getting tired of this thing dying suddenly...

the battery icon eventually goes down to what appears to be 'half' then at some point you get the dreaded 'low battery' screen and it shuts down

would be nice if it gave you more warning or proper indication of battery level

Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class
Especially since I rule.
post #523 of 523 Old 06-30-2014, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouka View Post
really getting tired of this thing dying suddenly...

the battery icon eventually goes down to what appears to be 'half' then at some point you get the dreaded 'low battery' screen and it shuts down

would be nice if it gave you more warning or proper indication of battery level
Same here. I'd commented that I had no battery indicator, but obviously I do. It's just really hard to see with a lighter background image.

And yeah, it was half battery on Tuesday night, and DEAD on Friday when I went to use it. I'm glad to have the Android app, or I'd have to go back to factory remotes often.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page