New Logitech Harmony Touch - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #541 of 543 Old 05-08-2016, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Keep in mind no Hub is included, which is key for RF, Bluetooth, smarthome controls, etc. This just gives you IR control from the remote itself. I've seen many deals for the Smart remote and hub under $100 which gives you all this extra functionality (if you don't want to step up to the much more expensive Elite).
mdavej likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 543 Old 05-09-2016, 06:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1982 Post(s)
Liked: 900
All good points. But also consider that the Smart has no display, hence no way to easily access additional functions without resorting to a smartphone. And the Smart has no IR of its own. So the hub or blasters must be line of sight with all your equipment. This makes Smart a poor choice for someone with a TV in one room and all their other devices in another.

The Touch would be a good choice for a former Harmony One user, especially at this price. Even though the sale is apparently over, used and "refurb" Touches can still be found for around $80.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Touch's ergonomics or lack of dedicated skip buttons, but it is a good value at the moment, if you can get past those issues.
post #543 of 543 Old 05-09-2016, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Very good points to bring up, and I can certainly understand your needs with this (and lack of a display is certainly a biggie). I went from the One to Touch (with Smart) to the Elite. If you can find a deal, try to get the Ultimate instead of Touch. What drove me crazy on the Touch is that it doesn't wake up when you pick it up (Ultimate does), and no haptic feedback either. I think there are a few other things on Ultimate as well that they upgraded from Touch. I still have 2 Touches relegated to other rooms...a very good remote regardless. And you can always add a Hub to it later if you want (which is what I did).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page