post #181 of 523 Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie E View Post

Can you make icons for the premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtime? Thanks

Eddie, Several new movie channel icons have just been added. Let me know if there are specific channels you'd like.

follow icon updates, av & remote info on facebook and twitter.
http://www.iconharmony.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 523 Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 PM

Liked: 12
Squareeyes, the new icons look terrific--such an improvement over the default icons. I didn't want to impose by making more requests than I did earlier, but since you're still soliciting suggestions ... smile.gif

I'd love to see these added:

Encore
Encore Western
Encore Drama
Encore Action
Encore Suspense
Encore Love
ESPN 2
ESPN Classic
NFL Red Zone

I think that will just about complete my current set. Thanks a lot for the icons you've added already!
post #183 of 523 Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

Eddie, Several new movie channel icons have just been added. Let me know if there are specific channels you'd like.
Thank you very much. I will check them out.
post #184 of 523 Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes View Post

Hey there Square Eyes...

Do you have "activity icons" for the Harmony Touch yet? I browsed your site and it looks like only channel icons.

I'm in the need of the following:

- Watch TV (using the AT&T U-Verse logo)
- Watch Blu-Ray (Blu-Ray logo or Blu-Ray 3D logo)
- Go To Apple TV (Apple TV logo)
- Play XBOX (XBOX 360 logo)
- Play Pandora (Pandora logo)
- Play Internet Apps (???)
- Watch Netflix (the squre red Netflix icon was already in there)

Thoughts?

And if people are taking a different approach, I'd love to hear that too...
Thanks!
post #185 of 523 Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

So the favorites are tied to an activity on this remote, which bothers me because I have 2 similar activities (1 with the AVR on and the other Off) sometimes I click a fav channel and it actually switches activities for this. Anyone knows how to handle this?
post #186 of 523 Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

I have this problem and dont know what to do... So I have different "activities" from a remote (Harmony) standpoint. Some activities I have to have the AVR (Denon 3311) on "Monitor Out 1" and some need to be on "Monitor Out 2". The problem is if I add the step "Monitor Out" toggle to any of this activity then sometimes it may be wrong output select, for example,

- Current activity: "Monitor Out 1"
- Next activity: "Monitor Out 1" (but this activity has a step to press "Monitor Out" - so its actually "Monitor Out 2" now) -- WRONG output

How do I specify correct "Monitor Out #" ? Or is it impossible?

Thanks
post #187 of 523 Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmscs View Post

So the favorites are tied to an activity on this remote, which bothers me because I have 2 similar activities (1 with the AVR on and the other Off) sometimes I click a fav channel and it actually switches activities for this. Anyone knows how to handle this?

Read my earlier post at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1431592/new-logitech-harmony-touch/150#post_22647130

I have the same issue. I had 2 TV activities. One TV activity turned on the TV and cable box, the other turned on the cable box, TV and receiver so I could listen to TV with surround sound. When I used the TV activity with the receiver, the receiver would turn off when I selected a favorite channel. I called Logitech support and they were not aware of the problem. After a long time on the phone and being put on and off hold a few times, the support guy was able to find out that only 1 TV activity could work with favorites. In my case it was the TV activity without the receiver. So when I selected a favorite channel the remote would revert to the TV activity without the receiver and turn off the receiver. The support guy said he was going to bring it to the attention of whoever is responsible for those kinds of issues. I do not know if he actually did and if anything is being done about it but if enough people bring it to their attention maybe it will be fixed.

I just realized this is my 100th post and it only took me 6 years. What do I win biggrin.gif
post #188 of 523 Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Read my earlier post at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1431592/new-logitech-harmony-touch/150#post_22647130
I have the same issue. I had 2 TV activities. One TV activity turned on the TV and cable box, the other turned on the cable box, TV and receiver so I could listen to TV with surround sound. When I used the TV activity with the receiver, the receiver would turn off when I selected a favorite channel. I called Logitech support and they were not aware of the problem. After a long time on the phone and being put on and off hold a few times, the support guy was able to find out that only 1 TV activity could work with favorites. In my case it was the TV activity without the receiver. So when I selected a favorite channel the remote would revert to the TV activity without the receiver and turn off the receiver. The support guy said he was going to bring it to the attention of whoever is responsible for those kinds of issues. I do not know if he actually did and if anything is being done about it but if enough people bring it to their attention maybe it will be fixed.
I just realized this is my 100th post and it only took me 6 years. What do I win biggrin.gif

Thanks. Thats exactly what I experience. I like the remote, but it seems poorly-developed. We will see.
post #189 of 523 Old 12-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Just bought Touch. Can someone advise how to set up a 30 sec skip for PVR? Someone said I could also use gestures. I have no idea how they work. Playing around with it. Maybe I don't have the touch. One screen I see the grid. Next one I see arrows but have no idea how to activcate them. Help!!!

post #190 of 523 Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmartin View Post

Just bought Touch. Can someone advise how to set up a 30 sec skip for PVR? Someone said I could also use gestures. I have no idea how they work. Playing around with it. Maybe I don't have the touch. One screen I see the grid. Next one I see arrows but have no idea how to activcate them. Help!!!

In an activity such as watch TV or watch Blu-ray, go to the screen which displays "gestures". Select it. When the grid appears, touch the "i" at the bottom right. From that point you should be able to figure out how to delete, add, and re-order the actions for specific gestures on the grid.
post #191 of 523 Old 12-13-2012, 08:35 PM

Wow I think this thing is going back. I have a Pioneer SC-67 reciever which remote did detect. The direction bottons when I entered NET input don't work. I even tried resetting command IR and assigned it again. Even gesture up and down direction set-up does not work. Not good. I look forward to change and upgrades. But when they don't work it's frustrating.

post #192 of 523 Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Make sure you assign the buttons in your activity too, not just in the device.
post #193 of 523 Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ames View Post

In an activity such as watch TV or watch Blu-ray, go to the screen which displays "gestures". Select it. When the grid appears, touch the "i" at the bottom right. From that point you should be able to figure out how to delete, add, and re-order the actions for specific gestures on the grid.

Yep! I have set right and left gestures to be 30-sec skip ahead and replay respectively. Works great. I even did this for my Blu-Ray player since it also supports the short skip and replay type of function. My Touch remote has been working great.
post #194 of 523 Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:

6 more years! biggrin.gif

I'm so 12 years ago. I don't get this new tech.
post #195 of 523 Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post

6 more years! biggrin.gif

Everytime I'm in the market for new audio/video gear I come here for advice and opinions. Not to mention the wealth of info I get after I purchase so I guess that is what I win smile.gif
post #196 of 523 Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM

Is $200 a good price for this remote? I saw it at Best Buy last night for that price but I didn't buy it thinking I could find it cheaper, now I seen online that $200 might have been a decent deal on it.
post #197 of 523 Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

That's less than I paid ($225 net from Amazon).

"But I want to do community service; I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel." - Hudson Hawk
post #198 of 523 Old 12-21-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post

Is $200 a good price for this remote? I saw it at Best Buy last night for that price but I didn't buy it thinking I could find it cheaper, now I seen online that $200 might have been a decent deal on it.
They list for $250 at most places. They were $250 at BB when I purchased mine but they had a $50 off promotion for Silver Premier members which I am so I got mine for $200.
post #199 of 523 Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Hopefully on the next generation they will move the "Help" button so you don't inadvertently hit that thing 10 times a night. mad.gif

post #200 of 523 Old 12-21-2012, 05:45 AM

Liked: 11
Since the Help button isn't a button at all you'd think if it was a problem they could release firmware to at the very least move it to the top of the touch screen. I've hit it a few times. Not really a problem for me but I see where it could be one.
post #201 of 523 Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

It's not really a problem, more of an annoyance. I don't own a Touch myself but I have programmed a few of them for customers and while giving a demo I have grazed that button several times. I also find the lack of hard buttons for FF/REW + Skip Fwd/Skip Back maddening. I don't like to have to look at a remote and dig through onscreen menu's to find commonly used buttons.

post #202 of 523 Old 12-22-2012, 12:18 PM

Opinion,

If you were going to get a new harmony and never had one before woudl you get the One or teh Touch? teh One had great reviews and teh Touch seem to be mixed? I am not a gadget freak, so I need somethng that is easy.
post #203 of 523 Old 12-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Quiote View Post

Opinion,
If you were going to get a new harmony and never had one before woudl you get the One or teh Touch? teh One had great reviews and teh Touch seem to be mixed? I am not a gadget freak, so I need somethng that is easy.

I would get the "One"

post #204 of 523 Old 12-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post

I would get the "One"

Same here.
post #205 of 523 Old 12-22-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Quiote View Post

Opinion,

I'd say it mostly depends upon personal preferences. I have both and I'm beginning to prefer the Touch more and more as I use it. I do like both. I apparently don't use the Skip Fwd/Skip Back functions as frequently as many others do, or that might change my opinion.

One: Has hard Skip Fwd/Skip Back buttons.
Can program more than 50 favorite channels, even though more navigation is required to reach them.
Cheaper.

Touch: Much more comfortable to use with one hand (except when the touch-screen is required, of course).
Can quickly and easily tell the front of the remote from the back by sight or feel.
Quicker response times.
Accidental clicks are easier to make when handling the remote due to the touch-screen.
Seems far easier for others *cough* my wife *cough* to use without difficulty or questions.
Can make some programming adjustments on the remote itself rather than having to connect to software via a PC. (The value of this diminishes quickly as you get everything set to your preferences though.)
Smaller footprint for the charging station.
post #206 of 523 Old 12-22-2012, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
I recently got a 700 because it had hard buttons for the 4 colors, which the Dish Hopper/Joey makes extensive use of.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
post #207 of 523 Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Bell View Post

I got the Harmony Touch today and will retire my trusty 880. The Touch is different and takes some getting use to, but over all I think I will be happy with it
Right now I am trying to figure out if and how you can put the list of devices in a different order. I did a search, so if this has been asked and answered I apologize.

Am very interested in your experience. I love my 6-7 yr old 880. But the buttons are slowly going away. You have to run the Touch setup from scratch right? It won't do an upgrade to the touch is my understanding (only the Harmony One will upgrade to touch). I suppose how involved it is starting from scratch will be different for everyone depending on number of sources, activities etc.

At any rate, if you can run down any lessons learned from the swap and perhaps what you like/dislike about the Touch compared to the 880 I'd appreciate it.

Edit: I did a little research and found that the Myharmony site will allow you to create a new account then transfer the settings.
post #208 of 523 Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legierk View Post

Am very interested in your experience. I love my 6-7 yr old 880. But the buttons are slowly going away. You have to run the Touch setup from scratch right? It won't do an upgrade to the touch is my understanding (only the Harmony One will upgrade to touch). I suppose how involved it is starting from scratch will be different for everyone depending on number of sources, activities etc.
At any rate, if you can run down any lessons learned from the swap and perhaps what you like/dislike about the Touch compared to the 880 I'd appreciate it.
Edit: I did a little research and found that the Myharmony site will allow you to create a new account then transfer the settings.

Correct. I upgraded from the 880 to the Touch as well and for the same reason. It was pretty seamless except for re-doing the Favorites and deleting a couple of activities on the 880 that I had added simply to allow me to add more Favorite channels to it. You can check my previous posts in this thread for my experiences and impressions.

I also am looking forward to A.Bell's impressions of his transition.
post #209 of 523 Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:

They list for $250 at most places. They were $250 at BB when I purchased mine but they had a $50 off promotion for Silver Premier members which I am so I got mine for $200.

Ok thanks for the information.
post #210 of 523 Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
hey tom, they're up and ready to download. happy new year! ,r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ames View Post

Squareeyes, the new icons look terrific--such an improvement over the default icons. I didn't want to impose by making more requests than I did earlier, but since you're still soliciting suggestions ... smile.gif
I'd love to see these added:
Encore
Encore Western
Encore Drama
Encore Action
Encore Suspense
Encore Love
ESPN 2
ESPN Classic
NFL Red Zone
I think that will just about complete my current set. Thanks a lot for the icons you've added already!

follow icon updates, av & remote info on facebook and twitter.
http://www.iconharmony.com
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page