Transfer to another Harmony One - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thinking of getting another H1, had mine for 4 years and always have troubles learning, sometimes works but most times not. Would my current settings transfer to a new H1, and if I wanted to keep them both updated would that work even though one is newer?
What I'm trying to ask is can I have one account for 2 Harmony 1 remotes?

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-03-2012, 04:54 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymerritt View Post

and if I wanted to keep them both updated would that work even though one is newer?
What I'm trying to ask is can I have one account for 2 Harmony 1 remotes?

Not sure but you may have to contact logitech support and they can clone your current harmony one account to a new account and use the new cloned account with the second harmony one. All the settings will be there on the cloned account.

I had to do something similar when I bought a 700 to replace my 885 which had some buttons that were failing. I wanted to keep my 885 going but transfer settings to the 700. Support cloned my 885 to a new account and I used the cloned 885 account to update the remote to the 700.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 16
Thanks for the information, however it works fine for what I wanted, updated the new H1 from settings already on the account. After charging and updating the new H1 I was able to learn new commands which my older H1 would not do, then I updated both remotes to have same settings and works like a charm. My older H1 is 4 yrs. old and will not learn any commands and even though Logitech support says replacing remote for learning problems is not the way to go, it worked for me. The old remote is on last leg so now I have a new one that works like it should.

Bill
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page