Help me pick a Remote for my setup ... I am lost - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey. I have been using a logitech 890 with a RF extender for 3 years. My wife dropped it and now its days are numbered. (slowly falling apart) I am curious if anyone can suggest a more cost effective route to take to control my system compared to purchasing another 890. I just dont think that one drop off the end of a couch should make the remote a write off. So can anyone offer some advice to me??? here is my setup...

ALL gear is in my utility room in the basement.
two TVs are in separate rooms... not in the basement
Gear: xbox360, ps3, two denon recievers used for audio and hdmi switching, logitech revue (which doesnt require any remote interaction), cable box

One remote to control both rooms is ideal.

I currently using the logitech 890 to RF to the extender, and then all my gear has blasters taped on. I use the PS3 adapter from logitech to control the PS3.

Thats about it. I need a remote/setup that can go thru walls. And the remote must be able to communicate with a PS3 (thats what I watch movies on). Anyone have any cost effective suggestions?

I was thinking perhaps getting the harmony link... and purchasing a used andriod phone (20 bucks?) to use as a controller... but I am not sure if the app will have the same layout that I am used to.

Thanks for the advice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Both the Harmony 900 & 1100 can be found on sale for under $250 right now, The 1100 will work with your current RF extender. The 900 comes with a new one & blasters included. Obviously both will work with the PS3 adapter.

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page