IR suggestions for two HTPCs in a single room, one XBMC/LInux one MCE/Windows - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-14-2012, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have been running a Windows based HTPC for years. For various reasons I want to add a second HTPC that is Linux based to run XBMC. My intent is MCE for the PVR and XBMC/Linux for everything else. All IR receivers I have found are RC6 so the drivers recognize them as an MCE receiver and are setup for the Windows MCE IR codes. Two RC6 IR receivers would lead to both HTPCs accepting the same IR codes for the same actions. This will cause me troubles. Are there alternatives to RC6 receivers, or other HTPC like devices that can be emulated that are not MCE?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers!

Apologies for the cross post. I wasn't sure where best to stick this.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1433853/ir-suggestions-for-two-htpcs-in-a-single-room-one-xbmc-linux-one-mce-windows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-14-2012, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
You can change addresses on MCE via the registry in Windows (not sure what you'd do on Linux). You'll need a JP1 remote or pronto hex to get the alternate codes into your remote. I think there are 8 possible addresses.

But the easiest solution is to simply get an Orteck VRC-1100 or Adesso ARC-1100. Those use the Ortek protocol (similar to Pioneer), not RC-6, so they won't interfere at all. They were about $15 on amazon last time I checked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page