Is there a remote that will last more than a year? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I am currently on my second sony vlz620 remote. I like it, especially the first one. The first lasted a bit over a year, but this one already has the tv button going out on it after only 6 or 7 months. I have had a number of other remotes with the same results. I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty hard on remotes. I usually buy fairly cheap ones because I have heard that many of the more expensive ones are no better with regard to button longevity, and the only thing worse than having a cheap remote go bad inside of a year is having a more expensive one do the same thing. I would be willing to pay more if I knew it might last. I don't need much, but would like backlit keys, learning features and it would have to work with my next generation remote extender,(pretty much every aa and aaa battery powered remote I have ever used has worked fine). I don't need a screen on the remote (its fine if does though) and generally don't use macros (my setup always seems to be too confusing for macros to work right). I was looking into this one http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Prestigo-SRU6008-27-Universal/dp/B003DNS88W/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352749535&sr=1-10&keywords=universal+remote , but would be willing to spend upwards of $100 for one if it meant it would last. But I just don't know. I was also looking at this one too http://www.amazon.com/URC-Digital-Universal-Control-Components/dp/B001KC08AE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352750557&sr=1-1&keywords=URC+R50 I have, however, owned cheaper models by both urc and philips which (as stated earlier) didn't last long either. I have never owned a harmony but have heard their build quality is not that great either. Any ideas?
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page