Are there any programmable remotes with large screen that basically duplicates the look/.button layout/ of the original remote? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ie, something that pretty much puts a picture of the remote you want to use and it's buttons and layout so it looks like you're using the original remote?

Thanks (links please)

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 370
There are, but you'll have to create the screens yourself. iRule and similar programs have this capability. Personally, I find an exact copy unnecessary, counter productive, and a lot of effort to program. Also, simply copying the original remote takes away the ability to mix functions from different remotes, which is a great feature to have in a universal. Most people would want to mix the transport buttons from their disc player with the volume buttons of their receiver with the input buttons of their tv for example. Copies of the original remotes really does nothing to simplify operation of one's home theater besides eliminating the need to juggle remotes. You should really rethink this approach.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
THanks, I was more curious than anything. Still haven't found anything I like and will stick with and I still have too many remotes frown.gif
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page